Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 I'm giving Carbons One Last Chance. Update 8/20/08 >

I'm giving Carbons One Last Chance. Update 8/20/08

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I'm giving Carbons One Last Chance. Update 8/20/08

Old 06-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm giving Carbons One Last Chance.

100 grain inserts at $1 a piece.
OUCH! That stung MY wallet, and it wasn't even involved in the purchase. [:-] I need to buy a lathe and some brass rod and go into production.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the CX heritage shafts. They are dang near indestructable and believe me I've tried

With a hefty broadhead & the 100 gr brass inserts, you should have no problems getting to 600 gr.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

FWIW-I shot the Carbon Express Heritage arrows out of a 52# recureve two years ago and they shot very well. I shot them with 125 gr. Muzzy's and managed to take two does with them. They performed very well.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The CX Heritage are the shafts of choice for me.They got the weight,consistancy in spine(best I ever came across),and are very durable.I gave up on the GT's a few years agowhen Istarted shooting these
Old 06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't get it, the only carbons I buy are the $3.50 apiece on clearance cheapos at Wally World, and they fly just fine out of my 50# recurve with a 100 grain Thunderhead or field point. The only adjustment I have to make compared to the XX75s I normally shoot is to nock them lower.

I ended up selling them (2 used) for like $80 for 6.
Wow! The highest I've ever spent was $70 for a dozen, and I thought that was a ripoff.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Grizzlystick Stikas are $59.95 per 6. GS Alaskans are $69.95 per 6. GS Safaris are $89.95 per 6. Those are bare shaft prices, including nocks and inserts. Darn good arrows from what little I've seen of 'em, but you're right, Kevin. My pockets aren't anywhere close to being that deep.

In fact, arrow shafting is getting too expensive across the board for my blood. I'm tired of paying those prices. There's a lot of privet bushes growing behind my fence and privet makes darn good arrows...
Old 06-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, I sold them complete with wraps, 5" feathers extra nocks and inserts, and points. One thing very uniqueaboutthem is that they are tapered carbons. The guy was happy with the price, I had well over $100 in them for 6. They were nice, but I don't miss them:

Old 08-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I have decided to go with the carbon this year for bowhunting whitetails. Yes, I have turned to the darkside I guess. They are very finicky though, and I really have to keep track of my brace height and nock point. I have them up to 670 grains with 190 grain Grizzly's, FOC is about 24%, the shaft stuffed with 3/16" nylon cord ( I think I may go to weight tubes). They are being shot out of my Bob Lee which is about 67#'s at 29". Believe it or not I have been shooting them for a few months now, and I have not ruined one, knock on wood. I believe total price of the dozen (without broadheads) came to be around$60 or so.

Have a look:

Old 08-20-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Well, I'm going to give the carbons one last shot. Just ordered a dozen camo blems from Sipsey River. Last carbons I used were the Grizzly Sticks which were just too darn expensive to shoot. I ended up selling them (2 used) for like $80 for 6. I'm getting the blems for $40 for a dozen. They are Gold Tip's. We'll see what happens.
I bought two dozen sipsey blems 5575's. One set was really blems. I am still wondering if they are really gold tips. The other set, was just cut too short from factory, and labled blems. Those are the real deal.

I have set of 7595 I am getting ready to sell if you need any.
BC,
What's the length on those 7595's???
Old 08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I'm giving Carbons One Last Chance. Update 8/20/08

I see no reason not too. Unless you are just hell bent on being totally traditional, why not? I never understood why some people, who shoot glass sandwitched lam bows, insist on using wood arrows. Wood is expensive and break easy, aluminum is ok, but do not last as long as carbon. Ive used nothing but carbon for over 6 years. I shot a hog last year with an arrow that has been through several deer and countless hogs. Can you get that kind of milage out of wood, or even aluminum for that matter?

Tuning is a booger sometimes. But as mentioned, with weighted inserts, the world is all good.

Quick Reply: I'm giving Carbons One Last Chance. Update 8/20/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.