Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Damn Rabbits!!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Damn Rabbits!!

Nope. I'm using bear broadheads. They are fairly cheap so If I loose an arrow I won't get to ticked off. I normally shoot snuffers but I don't want to loose any of those.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Hey get you a gobbler Guillotine, that should take care of them near misses. hahaha ActuallyI dont know how durable those are and they may break..

I think with me and rabbits is if I kill a few a build up a confidence and then I start missing. I really have to make myself hold it on a rabbit now days.I can stick them though, just not everytime....
Old 06-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep killer there kicking my ass good! I never thought about using a bigger broadhead like you said. Good idea there! I better think of something or pull the shotgun out because I checked my garden this morning and the SOB's ate more of my peas![:@] I even sprinkled this garden dust stuff on them to keep them off. It worked alright last year but not this year. It is a few years old so maybe it lost its potentness.

The more I think about it the 870 is coming out.[8D]
Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah with the prices of fertilize and stuff this year and not to mention fuel, I think I would pull out the ole boom stick. WE have about 10 acres of sweet corn and there is a squirrel eating some of it, he's gonna get the boom stick ifI see him.. We have about 5 acres of peas and the rabbits havent been too bad yet. however our watermelon patch is getting hit byt the racoons almost every night. Been trying to trap them but I guess they got us figured out. Have to bring my dog and my light one night to geta few of them coons...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Hey I will tell youa neat broadhead for rabbits, if you hae some old thunderheads laying around you turn the blades around backwards on them and take some small zip ties and fasten them so the blades wont come off, or you can wrap it with dental floss and tie it off, but wwhatever you do make sure it staysin tight. It will act like a judo point by not allowing your arrow to go under the grass and it will knock one mean hole in a cotton tail..
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

my dad has a small garden in our backyard that had 2 rabbits eating from (mostly the beans). I managed to catch one in my live trap and I'm working on the second one. I swear they only come out of their holes onceaweek!![:@]
Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey I will tell you a neat broadhead for rabbits, if you have some old thunderheads laying around you turn the blades around backwards on them and take some small zip ties and fasten them so the blades wont come off, or you can wrap it with dental floss and tie it off, but whatever you do make sure it stays in tight. It will act like a judo point by not allowing your arrow to go under the grass and it will knock one mean hole in a cotton tail..
Good idea!!!

Good luck with them coons! I use live traps on mine and it works pretty well. I usually dab some molasses inside the live trap.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Hey I will tell you a neat broadhead for rabbits, if you have some old thunderheads laying around you turn the blades around backwards on them and take some small zip ties and fasten them so the blades wont come off, or you can wrap it with dental floss and tie it off, but whatever you do make sure it stays in tight. It will act like a judo point by not allowing your arrow to go under the grass and it will knock one mean hole in a cotton tail..
Good idea!!!

Good luck with them coons! I use live traps on mine and it works pretty well. I usually dab some molasses inside the live trap.
Will have to try the molasses, been using steel traps but might have tobring outthe live trap.. They will eat a patch of corn and watermelons up...
Old 06-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Steve,
I know just how aggravating those rabbits can be! The attachment isa video of meshooting one with my bow.I only brought three arrows with me because I figured he would run away after the first shot, I guess I was wrong. I shotmy first arrow, missing him by 2" high. I shot my second arrow and that just missed him by about 1" high. My last arrow was right on the money...

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj59/The_Deer_Hunter/?action=view&current=rabbitkill4.flv

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM

Are you shooting a trad bow in that vid? Cuz your arrow had plastic fletches on it and with most traditional bows you need feather fletches.

Quick Reply: Damn Rabbits!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.