HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Jerry Pierce Memorial Shootout (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/246090-jerry-pierce-memorial-shootout.html)

LBR 05-14-2008 05:00 PM

Jerry Pierce Memorial Shootout

This coming weekend at Enid Lake here in MS. Excellent shoot--generally mostly close shots, but very challenging all the same. We'll have novelties, hope to have a moving target (depends on how it's working once set up), and all the crawfish you care to eat on Sat. night for $5. Very good vendors also. Hope to see you there!

Chad

COB 05-14-2008 05:35 PM

RE: Jerry Pierce Memorial Shootout

Chad I'd love to make that shoot one day. Met Lenny at a GORH several years ago here in Ohio and would enjoy seeing him and you but, there is always a but you know. With the price of gas I probably won't even get to Cloverdale this year. Be lucky to make mane OSTA shoot here in Ohio. D@*^$d oil companies and politicaians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jojo2676 05-15-2008 04:51 PM

How much does it cost to shoot?

Double Creek 05-15-2008 06:19 PM

I'll have to miss this year.... I've got an MBA shoot Sunday and gas is just too high

LBR 05-15-2008 07:07 PM

$10 per class for members, $15 per class for non-members, $25 for family (one class per). Pretty dang cheap for 60 targets. $5 crawfish supper Sat night (all you care to eat). At least one novelty with a nice knife going to the winner. Weather is supposed to be great--lows in the 50's, highs in the low 80's, only a slight chance of rain.

Cob, you can crawl in a box and Priority Mail yourself! Heck, shouldn't cost more than $10-$15 bucks, even if you bring a snack!

Hate you can't make it DC--gonna' be some new stuff at this one.

Chad

jojo2676 05-19-2008 08:00 AM

This was a great shoot. There were alot of fun targets. Any idea where to find a list of scores? I know I should be in the bottom half but just curious as to how everyone did.

Double Creek 05-19-2008 08:30 AM

How was the turnout Chad? The weather was awesome, I hate I missed it.

LBR 05-19-2008 10:43 AM

It just keeps getting bigger and better. Three moving targets this year (flying turkey, running javalina, and this year a bear climbing a tree). We had 150 or so competitors, plus the fun shooters and those who didn't turn in their card. I was really suprised at the turn-out. Attendance has been down a little at most all the tournaments I've been to this year, but it was up at the JPM.

I think the high score in men's recurve was 514, men's longbow 467, and I know the winning score in men's selfbow was 461. Not exactly high scores (possible 600--60 targets), but it was a VERY challenging course. Not one that you needed to take a dozen arrows to complete, just tough to get them in the kill.

Live band Sat. night was great, food was great, and we didn't get even one complaint about the course (never heard of that happening at any shoot). Gobs of compliments on the course, even though it was tough.

The weather was perfect--a tiny shower Sunday morning, but other than that beautiful the whole time. Warm with a little breeze in the day, just cool enough at night to enjoy a nice fire at the campground.

Also had some great vendors, with most anything you could ask for.

Of course the people are a big part of making a shoot enjoyable to me, and we have some of the best. Nowhere near the biggest, but without a doubt one of the best tournaments in the U.S.

Chad