Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Barta?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Barta?

ORIGINAL: LBR

I haven't watched enough of Tred on television to know if he pimps himself or his "Barta Gear" or not. As far as that goes, I said the pimping 3 Rivers does for him turns me off. That's just me though--I could do just fine without a television.

I've been thinking about it, and the one big thing that does really turn me off is his proclamation of "doing it the hard way--theBarta way", as if he invented hunting with a traditional bow. I'm sorry, but I was hunting with a longbow and wood arrows long before I ever heard of him, and there were others--true archery pioneers--that were using this gear before I was born. I have no problem with his claim of "doing it the hard way", buthearing/reading him sayit's the "Barta way" is more irratating than an atomic wedgie. He's chosen to use equipment that others have introduced and proven long before his time--it bugs me that he seems to be trying to take credit for it. I've never read about "Fred Barta" or "Howard Barta" or "Ben Barta" or the "Barta Brothers" or "Art Barta and Saxton Barta" or "Ishi Barta", etc. etc. etc.

Ok, I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled rant.[8D]

Chad
Well said!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

its not just Pimping,..... its Pimping the Barta way.

that should be his new sales pitch when hes trying to sell his signature for some hunting product manufacturer

Old 12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Viking_hunter

I respect a man that sets his standard, then sticks by it. He would rather not get a deer, than cut corners to harvest an animal.
I beg to differ on this. I've seen him take TOO many questionable shots at moving game. To me, that is indeed cutting corners!Or is it just me?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't take him too serious Tred is just like the rest of the TV hosts. My only real complaint with him is the show I saw where he was winging 50 yard arrows at running boo and not even coming close.
He did zip a grizzly on one episode which was pretty cool.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:02 PM
COB

wedgie??? What's life with out a wedgie or two? BTW I heard where a couple of young boy invented wedgie proof shorts. Seems they cut them in two and put them back together with velcro. When somw one tries to give you a wedgie they just come apart and the wedgie giver has a pair of under shorts in their hand. Ain't young minds wonderful. Now what were we talking about?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Your not the only one. I watch his show every now and then, out of morbid curiousity.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:00 PM

ORIGINAL: LBR

I haven't watched enough of Tred on television to know if he pimps himself or his "Barta Gear" or not. As far as that goes, I said the pimping 3 Rivers does for him turns me off. That's just me though--I could do just fine without a television.

I've been thinking about it, and the one big thing that does really turn me off is his proclamation of "doing it the hard way--the Barta way", as if he invented hunting with a traditional bow. I'm sorry, but I was hunting with a longbow and wood arrows long before I ever heard of him, and there were others--true archery pioneers--that were using this gear before I was born. I have no problem with his claim of "doing it the hard way", but hearing/reading him say it's the "Barta way" is more irratating than an atomic wedgie. He's chosen to use equipment that others have introduced and proven long before his time--it bugs me that he seems to be trying to take credit for it. I've never read about "Fred Barta" or "Howard Barta" or "Ben Barta" or the "Barta Brothers" or "Art Barta and Saxton Barta" or "Ishi Barta", etc. etc. etc.

Ok, I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled rant.[8D]

Chad
Thank you Chad, this is exactly what I was trying to get at!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

The fact that he doesnt sit there and push his crap is a hit with me. I've never heard him say, " I could'nt have done it if I didnt have my new blah blah, short mag, in the new funk o matic rifle with scholtsky BDC scope, laser range finder, new super conceal camo, and waterproof schleper boots, monkey piss fresh from the vine, and my cough suppressor" I hate that crap. Just go and do it. He does.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Hes kinda like Uncle Ted. You either like him or hate him.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the caribou episode as well. That shot at a RUNNING caribou at about 50 yards made me scratch my head and say "did he really do that?". I don't like his tactics, but I must say I find him amusing at the very least. I agree that he takes a lot of "questionable" shots.

Quick Reply: Barta?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.