Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

found it!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default found it!

Well i got my first recurve a few months ago and started shooting it right away. After several weeks of trying i just could not figure it out so i put the bow down for a little while to dedicate some time to compound hunting. The other dayi got the itch and went out to shoot the stick and it just felt good. Im not sure if anyone else on here had the same expirence when they were learning to shoot but it just feels like ive finally got it. I shot for about an hour and all my arrows were hitting home like i couldnt believe. Im still not sure if im ready to take it out hunting but i sure do feel a lot better about the bow. Just curious to know all of your learning expirences!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: found it!

Sounds like you are doing well with it. Congrats.

I guess, I had days like those also when I was learning. The big thing though is consistancy. When you can repeat the consistancy over and over again, day after day. Personally, I still have days when I wonder why I can't hit wall of a barn from insidethe barn.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck, I've been shooting recurves and longbows more'n 50 years and I'm STILL learning!

Got in front of a full length mirror yesterday, drew an arrow and aimed at my reflection. Found out why I've been having such a problem with 'leftitis' the past few months. My head doesn't turn as far as it used to and my old anchor wasn't under my eye any more. Moved my anchor up from over my second bicuspid tooth to right behind my canine tooth and modified my stance by moving my back foot a little more forward. Now I should be shooting down the middle again.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM
bigcountry

Yea, I found it so far about 50 times, and always lose it, change my form, change equipment.