Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Beman HIT insert question >

Beman HIT insert question

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Beman HIT insert question

Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Spike

Default Beman HIT insert question

I have a dozen of the Beman MFX classic carbon arrows with the "HIT" inserts. After I installed the inserts,a few of the arrows wabble on my spin tester. I've already ruled out the broadheads I'm using. Any ideas to fix the wabble?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Beman HIT insert question

Seems as though the glue dryed un-evenly. Reheat and turn them.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Is it the arrow that is wobbling like it is bent? Or is it the insert that makes the point wobble like it was glued in not straight?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I doubt you can fix it other than cutting off more than one inch. Both glues used are pretty permanent. I'd take that one back.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Spike

The arrow is definately not bent as they are carbon. I was affraid the glue dried unevenly and I would have to re-heat and rotate. That might be a pain in the ass as the supplied glue was opoxy.....RRRRRRRR....they weren't cheap!
Old 10-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deroche117

The arrow is definately not bent as they are carbon. I was affraid the glue dried unevenly and I would have to re-heat and rotate. That might be a pain in the ass as the supplied glue was opoxy.....RRRRRRRR....they weren't cheap!
Usually the inserts fit tighter than a ducks behind and you will not break that epoxy loose. I blew a shot from a 65 lb bow into a concrete wall and it did not loosen the insert. I can only imagine that your insert was too small in diameter. I guess it is possible that the threads are not parallel. Either way the supplier should take it back.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Carbons can be bent by the way. That myth that they are far superior to aluminums in straightness and tolerances is just that a myth. My guess would be a manufacturer malfunction on the inserts. Try sqauring up the end of the shaft witha G5 ASD. That may help.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ASD will not help. An arrow with an HIT insert does not need to seat the broadhead against the shaft. The seating is done at the insert, well below the end of the arrow. When I use HIT inserts I use the ASD until there is no contact between the end of the shaft and the broadhead. Now that you mentioned it RH, if the end of the shaft is really off square and the insert is too deep it could set the broadhead off its axis.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 AM
Spike

The HIT kit comes with its own ASD and a small plastic tool to be used when setting the inserts. I used both according to the directions, and I wasn't even drink'in!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Spike

Called Beman today and the guy on the line was terrific. No way to adjust the insert after it has been installed. He said heat will ruin that particular shaft. They're mailing me a pre-paid label to return the three bad arrows as they have a lifetime gurantee. Beman gets an A+ for that.

Quick Reply: Beman HIT insert question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.