HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   whats the BEST excercise to increase bow drawing strength ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/182787-whats-best-excercise-increase-bow-drawing-strength.html)

Buster T 03-01-2007 03:16 PM

whats the BEST excercise to increase bow drawing strength ?

a spin off of the other thread ...... which one single excercise can increase your ability to draw your bow and hold it better, or to increase in poundage ?

dumbell curls ? tricep extensions ? dips ?

along those lines ........ just curious as I've been really good about my cardio/weight lifting this year and 8 weeks into it I'm a bit leaner, stronger, look a it better etc.

BowHunter46 03-01-2007 05:16 PM

RE: whats the BEST excercise to increase bow drawing strength ?

The best way I've found to improve your ability to draw your bow and hold it longer or increase poundage is to just pull back your bow every day and hold it for a minute. Plus it helps you just get used to the feeling of drawing the bow.

CAJUNBOWHNTR 03-01-2007 05:49 PM

using a heavier bow and drawing it as mentioned above works good.as far as weight exercises,bent over dumbell rows or straight cable pulls work good.if you don't have access to weights you can make a pull up bar pretty easy.Pull ups are great for developing shoulder and back strength.

CB

SteveBNy 03-01-2007 06:18 PM

If you use the heavier bow routine above, I believe you should do it from both sides to work on balance.

Steve

the Razorhead 03-01-2007 07:41 PM

nail an old bicycle tube to the garage wall and do reps...

when it feels like it's got no resistance anymore, double it over...

BobCo19-65 03-02-2007 07:28 AM

using a heavier bow and drawing it as mentioned above works good.
I agree.

Tj Craig 03-02-2007 07:32 AM

guys,
If you can't getto a gym purchase the BOWFIT tool, awesome little gadget and not very expensive but worth every penny.
Tj

jones123 03-04-2007 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Tj Craig

guys,
If you can't getto a gym purchase the BOWFIT tool, awesome little gadget and not very expensive but worth every penny.
Tj
Thanks for that, tj craig. I lookedup bowfit on the internet, then made one from some tubing and ahandle from a ski pole that was laying around in my garage. It feels like about 75 lb and I am using it to keep strong for my 60 pounder.

Hunting net comes through again.