Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

tred barta?

Old 01-24-2007, 12:21 PM

Default RE: tred barta?

In a TV world littered with shows where these jerks hunt for "trophy bucks"on ranches that would cost us normal guys as much as the trucks we drive. Tred Barta's show is different and entertaining.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 PM
COB

Every one marches to a different drummer, and that's all I'm going to say about that! [8D]
Old 01-24-2007, 12:30 PM

Old 01-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Gotta' say it, I love Barta. The only other hunting shows I see are on ESPN2 and VS. and I have yet to see any of the other guys proud of their cow elk, if they would even admit to taking one. Haven't seen anybody else trying to hunt rabbit, geese, ducks, or pheasants with their bows either(wonder if I could talk him into squirrel hunting in Indiana with his bow?). Loved his show on high seas safety, it was over the top but again, no one else is talking about the stuff. Only problem I have with him isn't with him per se, just don't need to see his face on EVERY page of the new 3 Rivers catalog.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 AM

I just enjoy him as the biggest clutz in the world, he falls down more than what the arrows he shoots,LOL
Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Watched part of a couple of his shows--I don't hate him, but he didn't impress me enough to worry about catching another episode. If I run across one, I'll probably watch it, but I won't set aside time for it.

He may not pimp his gear on the shows, but 3 Rivers sure is.

"Barta Bunny Busters"? Look like plain 'ol rubber blunts to me--I never had much luck at all with them on rabbits or grouse. "Barta Wilderness Arrows"? Look like plain 'ol wood arrows to me, with one barred feather. Not exactly a bargain at $75 (a dozen?). Barta bow (looks like a Bear Montanna), Barta blunts (weren't these Tiger Claw bluntsin the last catalog?), Barta glove, Barta armguard, Barta quiver.........at least they didn't rename the Woodsman the Barta broadhead (maybe next catalog?).

I'm proud for the guy if he's able to make a living doing what he loves, and maybe even a little jealous--but gimmick advertising has always been a peeve with me. From what little I've seen of him, the guy isn't exactly a crack shot with a bow, and doesn't seem to know as much about building bows and arrowsas a lot of the folks that post here. Putting his name (or anyone else's) on a product, or replacing the original name with his name, won't make it any better (but it will obviously add to the price). I just have to shake my head--it's an insult to our intelligence. Sad part is a lot of people will (literally) buy into it. Guess that old song is true.......people are strange.

Chad
Old 01-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've never even heard of him...but then i dont watch hunting shows or hunting DVD's (i do have 4 i think)....what channel is he on and what time...i'm curious now....you guys are giving him great advertisment just by posting
Old 01-25-2007, 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

i've never even heard of him...but then i dont watch hunting shows or hunting DVD's (i do have 4 i think)....what channel is he on and what time...i'm curious now....you guys are giving him great advertisment just by posting
You've got to be kidding me! You're just trolling to start a flame!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: LBR

He may not pimp his gear on the shows, but 3 Rivers sure is.

"Barta Bunny Busters"? Look like plain 'ol rubber blunts to me--I never had much luck at all with them on rabbits or grouse. "Barta Wilderness Arrows"? Look like plain 'ol wood arrows to me, with one barred feather. Not exactly a bargain at $75 (a dozen?). Barta bow (looks like a Bear Montanna), Barta blunts (weren't these Tiger Claw bluntsin the last catalog?), Barta glove, Barta armguard, Barta quiver.........at least they didn't rename the Woodsman the Barta broadhead (maybe next catalog?).

Chad
WOW you know I went to three rivers site and your right LOL On the up side maybe well see more Trad shows If joe blow can kill that elk with X brand recurve then it must be good. LOL
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

You can say what you want about Tred but what you see on the show is the same guy you will see on the street. Tred is a spokes person for and also uses a line of fishing boats that my company makes and I was able to give him a tour of one of our facilities. I thought he was a great guy. He asked a lot of questions. He never acted like he knew everything and I was impressed by that. But he does carry his fare share of knowledge and he will share it with you if you ask.

Quick Reply: tred barta?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.