Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

tred barta?

Old 01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default tred barta?

I wanted to know what you guys thought of tred barta because I think he's a discrase to other hunters.I watched his show and in the beginning this is exactly what he says.''I'm captain barta and i'm one of the best big game fishernan in the world.I've caught more big eyed tuna then any other fisher man alive''.I think you should watch out for him because he loves himself.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Spike

Default RE: tred barta?

And Ted Nugent isn't a little full of himself? I think Tred is attempting to be humorous. Also, it's spelled "disgraced".

Regards.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wood rater wach TN,TB ovr Jim S.anie day ov the wek.

Are you going to correct me too.

I watch tho's shows for the entertainment factor only,if I watch them at all.....Altho I do get some tips of them and apply them to my hunting some what.

I would rather watch Shooting USA or Guns and Ammo anyday of the week.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't often watch any hunting shows any more, but I do watch Barta when I'm channel surfing and catch his show. Yep, he's got ego and to spare but there is one thing I really like about him... other than the fact he shoots a longbow.

He doesn't prostitute himself or his ideals for the sake of getting sponsors like all - yes, I said ALL - the other hunting show stars do.

And he doesn't cover up his screw-ups. I have yet to see him gut shoot an animal and tell how it was a perfect hit, like I've seen on so many other shows. Barta's no more a disgrace than any other. He just doesn't go over his show with a bucket of whitewash before he puts it on the air.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

computer malfunction: duplicate post.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

I can't knock anyone who has killed a grizzly with a longbow.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

He hunted with a outfitter that I'm good friends with and he seemed like a great guy, matter of fact it showed the show again the other day, it is the show where he hunted spot and stalk Javis in South Texas with a Brazos Archery outfitters...
Old 01-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Spike

I like him, does he have an attitude, yes he does. But he's a pretty good shooter, and I like the fact he does it his way, the hard way, the BARTA way. After all, isn't that why most of us started hunting with a bow.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I have to admit that even though I am not a Barta fan, I still catch myself watching his show! He does seem to be a bit obnoxius at times but at the same time I wonder how interesting it may be to hunt with him? You definately have to agree that he is very knowledgable. And give him some credit... I just saw the show where he takes a ringed mallard with hiw bow!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think he's entertaining and nobody can knock him for not sticking to his guns. I'd rather have a world full of Tred's than a world full of Jackie Butchmasters.

Quick Reply: tred barta?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.