Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 DAS Dalaa ---- I just bought my third ever "new" bow >

DAS Dalaa ---- I just bought my third ever "new" bow

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

DAS Dalaa ---- I just bought my third ever "new" bow

Old 01-13-2007, 06:04 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: DAS Dalaa ---- I just bought my third ever "new" bow

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

just because it isnt a longbow doesnt mean its any less traditional...and if hethinks a sight pin will remedy his arrow placement problems theres nothing wrong with installing one

i thinkthere is nothing wrong with compound shooters...i dont understand the Compound vs. Traditional(Blood vs. Crips) Gangbanger mentality some poeple display...Get over it...We all share the same passion...and the only real difference between the compound guy and the trad guy is the equipment we choose to shoot...other that that itall still boils down to the moment of Truth.
Imagine that. I hope you will like your DAS.

I don't see anyone showing compound vs trad menality. Only you and steve. You got to find your own way, if you find it traditional, go for it. Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

hes posting because hesloosing confidencewith his equipment....regardless of what equipment he chooses...he's trying to solve the issue....

Buster,
i think the best way to go, would be to go out and get a kill with your Longbow...be it a squirrel, Rabbit, Coyote....i do believe deer season is over for most bow shooters now.

my previous post wasnt aimed torwards you guys...but ive witnessed it and didnt want thisthread turned into something like that....
Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

hes posting because hesloosing confidencewith his equipment....regardless of what equipment he chooses...he's trying to solve the issue....

Buster,
i think the best way to go, would be to go out and get a kill with your Longbow...be it a squirrel, Rabbit, Coyote....i do believe deer season is over for most bow shooters now.

my previous post wasnt aimed torwards you guys...but ive witnessed it and didnt want thisthread turned into something like that....
Well good, hope you get that worked out.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:07 AM

Well, stealth, nice looking bow, but if I was going that direction, might as well, go back to compound.Sounds like you like it more anyway.
A compound is easy to shoot, powerful, very accurate ........ its got many great benefits. I like traditional shooting, I HATE to wound/lose animals .......... there is a huge conflict in me right now to be sure.

A metal risered bow vs a high tech blend of carbon/glass/resins/laminates ......... whats it matter ? If you want to compare a self bow to a manufactured one ....... that migght have a bit of validity, but instinctiive shooting, no let off ...... that pretty much sums up what trad archery is, regardless of what the bow is made of, right ?

Man, you must have really had some serious power behind thoseheads to bend them so bad.Also, send the Magnus back, they'll replace them free.
No, all shot from my Adcock longbow. The Magnus bent worst of all, and yes, Magnus replaced them.

None animal tested, but many heads destroyed.

Buster,
I've got until the end of February ....... but honestly I'm afraid to shoot at an animal at this point for fear of wounding it [] I'm not a poor, average, everyday run of the mill trad shooter, I CAN shoot fairly well. But I've lost more animals than I've killed, and thats got to stop. I swore if I lost another I'd go back to a compound ...... and went to KS and shot/wounded a nice buck this fall.

Now where do I go ? Some guys say " its just a deer " or " nothing goes to waste " well I don't buy into that.

I just don't.

One shot, one kill, and I aint getting it done. Why ? #1 I'm not able to put the arrows low ...... its almost like I don't know how to concentrate on a spot, but I swear I do when I shoot. That would explain gravitating my eyes up to the spine and thus shooting high.

A pin would help ....... but impossible I think for me to install because I shoot cross-dominant. I shoot instinctive, focus, draw, shoot, arrow goes where I want it to.

You DO NOT want to be a pop can or bright leaf or clump of grass when I'm stump shooting

Guys I don't mind this thread going whereever it wants to. I've shot $1500 bows, $50 bows, longbows, recurves, one piece, 2 piece, 3 piece, I've shot probably 100 different bows or more, some that would make you cry they were so gorgeous ..... metal risers, exotic woods, actionwoods ..... and it don't matter what its made out of, pick it up, focus, draw, focus, hit anchor, focus, focus, release ....... thats trad archery.

I had a Schafer Silvertip that shot lights out in my hand ....... I'm going to try and find another one of these, FF, 55# draw weight, 58" or 60" in length.

I do not hunt to kill animals. I don't. I hunt for the hunt itsself. The killing od an animal is icing on the cake. I admit ....... its tough this being mythird full season after shooting my nice KS buck that I haven't killed anything. Had I been shooting compoud I'd have a 150-160" 9 pointer on my wall, some nice Arkansas bucks etc. I don't regret NOT killing deer, I do regret shooting and wounding a buck, fatally or not, doesn't matter. As a hunter I have a responsibility to kill what I shoot, and I aint doing that.

I'm going to hunt some more behind my house, resident does and fawns, and see if I can kill one. I have a ground blind, 8 yard shot, that would do worlds to help my confidence. Or another wounded deer to crash it rock bottom [&o]

Old 01-14-2007, 08:39 AM

But for me, traditional is a one piece bow
bigcountry - by that quote, Fred Bear, Paul Schafer and others were not traditional bowhunters huh ? Their bows of choice were 3 piece TD recurves ........ not traditional by your definition ?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Buster your opinion, in all my hunting and shooting, all tips will curl, and I have done it to Thunderheads myself. You pretty much answered your questions to equipment and why you got less than adequate penetration (A less than idea angle and shot ) or something to that exent. I am not goingot reply anymore to this. Good luck with your new bow, and I hope you get your confindence back up. Oh,I bet there are a few folks here that are bitting at the bit for you to say your longbow is up for sale.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:41 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Buster T

But for me, traditional is a one piece bow
bigcountry - by that quote, Fred Bear, Paul Schafer and others were not traditional bowhunters huh ? Their bows of choice were 3 piece TD recurves ........ not traditional by your definition ?
Buster, you really really don't need my permission man. Its your money, buy what you want.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 AM

bigcountry - I didn't ask permisson at all, did I ? Bow was bought, and sent back yesterday, it didn't have the "fit" I was looking for.

I quoted what you defined as traditional archery - and Fred Bear doesn't qualify as a traditional archer using your definition.

Thats hard to understand, seeing as how he is arguable the most influential man in Traditional Bowhunting history.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:51 AM
bigcountry

bigcountry - I didn't ask permisson at all, did I ? Bow was bought, and sent back yesterday, it didn't have the "fit" I was looking for.

I quoted what you defined as traditional archery - and Fred Bear doesn't qualify as a traditional archer using your definition.

Thats hard to understand, seeing as how he is arguable the most influential man in Traditional Bowhunting history.
Stealth, I have explained in detail, but you didn't understand and read. All I can do is define tradtional for myself. Its a very personal thing. If you define it one way, then have at it, its your time and money. I have to define it for myself and shoot for myself. Going on and on worrying how I define it, yes, you are seeking my approval. And it doesn't matter if I approve yours or Fred Bear's idea or not.

Your seeking advise on penetration. You have no problems with the machined riser and the feel of equipment you chose, all I was saying, if it was me, and I went that route, I would just as well shoot my compound, where you seem very confident.You don't like that notion, so I say dismiss it. No big deal

Old 01-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I don't mind this thread going whereever it wants to.
How do you guys like your Potatoes cooked....lets get a hot debate going...

its pan fried in a lil olive oil with onions,red bellpeppers, and some deer sausage topped off with some cheese and sour cream for me.

next time your longbow goes hunting....try to set a 12-16 yard shot up and see what happens....20 yards is good but everything has to be executed perfectly....on top of everything else being just right.....4-8 yards can make a bunch more difference than a little mor speed and KE...IMO

Quick Reply: DAS Dalaa ---- I just bought my third ever "new" bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.