Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 I'm thinking a recurve is superior. >

I'm thinking a recurve is superior.

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I'm thinking a recurve is superior.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm thinking a recurve is superior.

I guess in my compound experience, I never really had that many opportunities where I was ably to draw and wait. Yes, there were a few. Deer (and animals in general) seem to move a lot and I never had a lot of success trying to predict when and where they are going to end up.FWIW, max letoff that I used to use was 65%. I always felt rushed to make the shot on game with the compound for some reason. I guess I got the feeling that if I don't shoot now, it's gonna move, or something like that. Hard to say exactly. Maybe it was my practice habits, who knows, and who cares.

But with traditioanl equipment, I feel much better drawing when the shot presents itself and not much before. There is no rushed feeling with traditional for me. Yes, a lot more animals walk. But I'm not out for meat or antlers, just for the enjoyment and challenge.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 AM

Default RE: I'm thinking a recurve is superior.

I feel pretty confident that the buck I killed this year would have gotten away with a compound.... It all happened so quick there is no way I would have had time to clip my release, pick which pin, etc..... It all transpired in a matter of seconds....