Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Arrows slightly left

Old 12-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Arrows slightly left

I have a newbie question... My arrows hit the target slightly angled to the left. They aren't grouping to the left... I'm still all over the place but the arrow nock is slightly to the left of the tip. What causes this? I'm shooting 29 5/8" Easton Aluminum XX75 Camo Hunters 2213 5" feathers with a 125 gr field tip. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:06 AM
TGF

Default RE: Arrows slightly left

Gobbler have you tried bareshaft tunning.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does your rest need replacement? When my arrows start entering crooked, I look to see if my rest is heavily warn.Or, if my string has stretched and my brace height is too low, my arrows start yawing.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:27 AM

Could be a number of things. Until you can shoot decent groups, I would recommend working on form vs tuning... You need to be consistent in order for tuning to tell you anything.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks to all. I haven't bare shafted yet. I'd need to go and purchase some unfletched arrow. My bow has a new rug and I elevated the area of the shelf that is directly over the deepest part of the riser as I'd like to shoot of the shelf. I've reserved one of Fred Asbell's book at the library to help with my form and shooting instinctively. I'll keep practicing. Thanks again.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:24 AM

One thing also, is don't base anything on how the arrow is sitting in the target, you need to see how it is flying to the target. Most target media will cause the arrow/s to not sit straight when it hits, even the 3-D targets.

Old 12-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks LH. Here's a stupid thought from a novice but how long does it take an arrow to find its way through the paradox? If I were a left handed shooter, would my arrows angle slightly to the right at short distances? Just a silly thought. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Gobbler, don't sell yourself short just because you're trying something new. Your thoughts are neither silly nor stupid. It's possible that your arrow would angle right or left depending on where you "captured'" the arrow in moving through the paradox. If you are close enough to your target, and if you are just starting out you should be REAL close(5 yds or less). your theory would be sound. Now, if your arrows are really angled to the left the first thing I would check is see if they are under-spined. However, I totally agree withDC above, don't worry too much about it until you begin to group them well. After you are shooting decent groups if they're still kicking left you will be in better shape to figure out what is going on.

Good luck!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Grizzly!
Old 12-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Biggobble what is your bow's draw weight? whats your draw length ?

Quick Reply: Arrows slightly left

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.