HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   DREAM RECURVE OUTFIT (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/171792-dream-recurve-outfit.html)

deerslayer32 12-24-2006 08:16 PM

DREAM RECURVE OUTFIT

i would like to know what your dream recurve would be and also include arrows
,Thanks

JrsyBowHunter 12-25-2006 06:40 AM

RE: DREAM RECURVE OUTFIT

Hi, i have my dream recurve on the way, should have it in a few more weeks. It's a horne's combo hunter recurve, 55# 62 inches long, the riser is bocote and black locust, with the limb core being maple and black locust with bocote limb caps. my arrowa are legacy 2018, 3 left helical 5 inch feathers tipped with 125 grain razor caps.

Double Creek 12-25-2006 10:04 AM

Right now it would be a DAS Kinetics or a Border Black Douglas.

Buster T 12-25-2006 10:31 AM

for beauty - a Blacktail Snakebit recurve or a 3 piece Adcock CX ACS with exotic woods

for performance - a DAS would be my choice right now, and I've not even shot one !

Other top bows - Border with the latest and greatest limbs, a Widow with exotic woods, a Silvertip FF with exotic woods

LBR 12-25-2006 07:35 PM

Just to hang on the wall, one of the original Fred Bear take-down's. To use, I don't have a "dream" recurve, but for a longbow I guess I'd have to go with another Crusader, maybe a bit fancier--Tamo ash or birds eye bocote veneer over yew limbs with a cocobolo/bolivian rosewood riser.

I plan on trying out some ABS Grizzly Stick arrows sooner or later--'till then, it's POC for me.

Chad

BobCo19-65 12-26-2006 07:15 AM

LBR, make sure you let us know how you like the grizzy's. I've been thinking about getting a few. Just a few$$$ more then I'm willing to spend right now. But I bet they'd improve my concerntration on the target. ;)

LBR 12-26-2006 01:39 PM

I haven't owned any yet, but I've shot them--really liked them. The cost is why I haven't bought any yet, but if the price of POC keeps going up and good quality keeps getting harder to find, I'm going to switch to something. I don't loose many arrows these days, but still--I like to keep a few dozen on hand, and that would be a chunk of change with the G-sticks.

Chad

grizzly_hackle36 12-26-2006 07:18 PM

If we're dreaming, I'd like to dream big. A Black Widow PTF 56", 60# @28" in the "Ironwood" color scheme. For arrows, I'll stick with my 3 Rivers Archery 3R Hunters with 5" shield cut feathers and 125 gr Wensel Woodsmans. A guy at my local archery shop had this exact bow, only set up for a 27" draw, and it was the sweetest bow I've ever shot.

longbowman2 12-27-2006 08:13 AM

I guess I currently have my Dream Recurve. It's an original Bear T.D. @ 70#. If I could change anything on it it would be to get 75# limbs but I don't believe they even make them so I'm happy with what I got. So my dream set up is: 70# Bear Custom T.D., 2216 arrows with 200 gr. Ace broadheads and an original Bear 4 arrow quiver.

Sagittarius 01-01-2007 11:12 AM

If it wasn't my current Trails End Snakewood, it would probably be a Border.
Not so long ago it would have been a Blacktail Snakebit but now it would have to be a Border because of the new carbon limbs.
If my injured shoulder doesn't heal, it will have to be the one in my avatar.

Sag.