Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Who makes thier own feathers from scratch? >

Who makes thier own feathers from scratch?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Who makes thier own feathers from scratch?

Old 12-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who makes thier own feathers from scratch?

I bet Hillary didn't have to give it up though. [:'(]

I have to add my two cents about the CPO's. They can't tell if you picked the feathers or talons off the ground or a bird you killed. They have a tough job. Support them.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gelarson

AC that is pretty narrow thinking and an offensive attitude. The game laws are there for a reason and with all the poaching and the black market sale of Raptors there is big money to be made. Personally your attitude is all the worse because you now know the law and choose to ignore it!

It is attitudes like this that give hunters a bad name!

What other laws do you ignore......?[:'(]

Gelarson,

Who gave you possesion over Judgment Day?

I'm just as bad as poachers, because i pick up owl feathers off the ground???Im simply using the tools that God has given me...in a completly natural manner (as opposed to killing the bird).

If my family and I were starving and i came acoss a dead Owl(Eagle, Falcon, Manatee, Elephant,Cheetah....ect,ect)that was fresh...Guess what we're eatin' fo dinna(i'd much rather catch some fish...but if its not an option....).Am i a bad person for providing for my family and myself?

As faras my comments on Game-Wardens....I was joking about him probably taking the Quiver for himself....hes doing his job and needs to survive in this world as well....if he doesn't do his job, the state will find someone else that will.... therefor he writes the ticket wether he wants too or not.

As far as Laws I've broken....

minor TrafficRegulations(speeding, seatbelt)
and one Consumptionby minor (drinking a Beer on my own porch when i was 19)
Old 12-08-2006, 06:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't tried it yet , but there's a grey phase turkey hen roaming my woods who sorely tempts me . Next Fall she may just be dressing some of my shafts .
Old 12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

Should you find a dead animal you are able to obtain permits from most wildlife agencies to keep said animal and this would be no different should your family be starving. In fact I know of needy families that have recieved illegally obtained animals from the local Conservation Officers. How is that feather going to feed your family? In British Columbia last year a crime ring was busted that killed hundreds of Raptors (including bald eagles) and sold them to others for medicinal purposes and for decorations. This crime ring made a lot of money and ended up having people arrested in Alberta, BC, and into the States.

As a Peace Officer and an avid bowhunter I see everyday what happens when people don't think the laws apply to them. In the foot hills of Alberta, where I live, I am continually having land owners turn down my request for access and hearing that all hunters are law breakers. In many parts of Alberta and Saskatchewan deer over run the area but still "HUNTERS ARE BAD". It is up to us to turn that attitude around around.

And Yes I would charge any individual that picked up that feather after knowing it was wrong!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gelarson

How is that feather going to feed your family?
it's gonna go on the arrow that kills a Rabbit, Deer...ect.
everything is linked together you see....

Poaching is not good.... we all know that...especially if they are doing it for personal profit...and especially wrong when killing a bird that serves no purpose to you besides personal profit.....please dont judge me the same as you would one of them....am i breaking the law by picking up the feather in the first place....apparently yes....but i feel there is nothing wrong with using something picked up off the ground.(on land that ispent 2 years(several hundred hours)cleaning upthe mess that was their beforei bought it)... i also had my mind made up before i knew it was illegal...and im very stubborn.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:32 PM

all you need is an x acto knife and sinu

Old 01-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am with Alpha Capo, if they are so woried about a feather that i found on the ground then they can get over it. But i know that cops dont care if you have them in kentucky where i live becuase a cop help me pick up feathers from a owl and take them to my house. He only asked that i give him 2 of them. 1 for him and 1 for his wife.