Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 best rucurve for the money? >

best rucurve for the money?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

best rucurve for the money?

Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best rucurve for the money?

I name I don't see often enough here is Jeffery Archery. They make a good, solid, easy to shoot bow. I've shot and hunted with one for the last 12 years. I'm a fan.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

the Zipper...each one custom made by Bob Thompson....his quality is as good as anyout there.....

http://www.zipperbows.com/

check 'em out.....
Old 11-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Martin Hunter Best.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:37 AM

Chek-Mate, Give Chad a call I know he has a used Hunter I

Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking I might catch some slack for this, but I've owned 3 PSE bows; a Coyote recurve with 55-lb limbs, an Impala with 60-lb limbs and most recently a 65-lb Sequoia longbow, and I like them all. The longbow is an older one and it shoots great. It draws very smooth, doesn't stack and has no noticable hand shock to me at all. The Coyotehas an aluminium-riser, and the Impala has all the bushings in the riser for sights and stabilizers and stuff like that. Both recurves are takedowns and you can get different limbs for them indifferent weights.Don't know how much of a 'traditional' bow you're looking for, but they're all around or just over $200.00

I also have a Martin Dreamcatcher recurve that's pretty sweet, but it's about twice as much as the PSE's.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

hey i checked out the recurves.com website and was impressed. I was wondering what the difference between the falcon and the atila were. also on the archerybymail website it says that there are some bows availible with glass limbs. am i seeing this right? how come there are no glass limbs on the recurves site?
Old 11-10-2006, 07:45 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The Attila and Falcon are quite a bit different. The Attila is 56", with a smaller, shorter riser and longer working limbs. It has a longbow style riser, and the shelf is cut to center. The Falcon is 60", longer, heavier riser, and the shelf is cut about 1/4" past center.

All the Chek-Mate bow have glass on the limbs and wood limb cores. There's some colored glass available--black, brown, and maybe white--possibly that's what you saw.

Chad
Old 11-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Arthur P: Thanks for the info on Chec Mate. Their Hunter II looks great and at very reasonable prices. Do you shoot this manufacturers bows? How is their customer service and turnaround on orders?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Yet another vote for Chek-mate.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Arthur P: Thanks for the info on Chec Mate. Their Hunter II looks great and at very reasonable prices. Do you shoot this manufacturers bows?
They are not manufactured, they are hand made. Turn around on my King Pawn was about 8 months.

Quick Reply: best rucurve for the money?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.