Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 My Compounds have round wheels >

My Compounds have round wheels

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My Compounds have round wheels

Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default My Compounds have round wheels

My two compound bows have round wheels. Bought them both new several years ago...one is a Jennings Split T....paid $112 for it. I can't remember what the other is, but I paid about $79 for it in 1978. So, now that we have all the fancy bows with cams, etc. does that mean my bows might be considered "traditional" equipment one of these days?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: My Compounds have round wheels

1978 round wheel? Could it be a Black Bear or maybe a Darton? I think Person Bush masters came out some time in the early 80s. Who knows.

As for traditional, No.

If the equipment works, use it. I still kill deer with my old 1979 Herters recurve. If it aint broke, no need to fix it, unless you want to.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats more traditional then some of these guys bows!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:39 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: mauser06

thats more traditional then some of these guys bows!
Intereesting. How do ya figure?

One thing I bet some of these guys bows fly as fast as that bow. I doubt my longbow will. It shoots500gr arrow at 185fps.

Is the bow traditional? Personal feelings, if it has an elevated rest, or and sights, or and wheels, definately not.

Old 09-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I think you all are taking this a little serious, I think it was posted for fun, just to say how much has changed from his old compound to the ones they make today. I don't think he is actually trying to get anyone fired up on this issue. Happy hunting, 2 weeks away!!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mostguys wont consider them "traditional" (whatever thats really supposed to mean? Opinions are like....) Those old compounds areCOOL [8D]tho. hang on to them...pass them down to someone you love. Maybe they can be considered "traditional" compounds one day... Im sure they will end up worthsome cash$$$in the future.I wish I had a room full of vintage bows and guitars & pool cues...Id never get anything done
Old 09-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

whooa bigcountry...just jokin bud. not tryin to start a fire. you should know me by now...i think im pretty reasonable and easy going. try not to step on toes. heck i even had the smiley at the end of the post....i always took that to mean "hey hes joking!"...sorry if you took it the wrong way.

besides bow and centerfire rifles i also hunt with a flintlock. i know where you guys comefrom believe me.

i actually want to get into traditional archery. i figured id learn on the compound first. till i have time nearly EVERY day to dedicate to shooting. right now im way to busy..college..work..life etc. to me the compound is almost like riding a bike....now that i know how to shoot it itll take a good bit for me to forget how. i thought only shooting once or twice a week would hurt me but it hasnt. im looking forward to a couple years from now and you guys helping me with my traditional questions! didnt mean to step on toes....

on a side not i had no idea a longbow shot at that speed. to me thats impressive. a 500gr arrow is pretty heavy..atleast to me(shooting a 378 gr finished carbon) and that seems quick to me. i always thought they would be slower then that. im looking forward to some day getting into it. i love the looks of a fine made longbow.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:38 AM

If one of those bows is a Bear Black Bear, you might want to consider getting a set of cheap ILF limbs and shipping it off to Bob Gordon in Idaho to have it warfed into a recurve for about $100. It's a pretty cheap way to get one of the sweetest shooting recurves you'll ever handle.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

I've not shot it in years, but still have the Gamegetter II my wife bought me years ago. It was the smoothest, sweetest shooting compound. Really shot more like a recurve. I've shot a few friends bows with the cams and don't like them. Add a release and I can't imagine why anyone would find it enjoyable to shoot, but to each his own I guess.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

wyomingtrapper

I started with a recurve and my first compound was a black bear. It was slow, loud, but it killed deer. I shot it instinctive with fingers, but ill have to admit I do like shooting my fast compounds with a release. I will hunt with all my bows. Compounds with a release, and my trad bows. All depends on my mood. I like them all. Just like I like rifles, and muzzle loaders. Not much on the newer muzzle loaders, but do like hunting with myKentucky rifles my brother and I made back when we were young.

Quick Reply: My Compounds have round wheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.