Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bears paw bows anyone heard of them? >

Bears paw bows anyone heard of them?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bears paw bows anyone heard of them?

Old 08-25-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Bears paw bows anyone heard of them?

H! again! everybody;

hope I'm not agrevating everyone to death; just a little excited about traditional archery. I hate to keep bothering everyone but, since I'm kinda knew to traditional archery, I was hoping that Yaw could give me a few answers to some probably stupid questions? If I get on your alls nevers just say so! I know that I've recently asked about certain bows,but thing is we don't have any traditional shoots or clubs nearby(Brown County Ohio). well! anyway here goes I saw an advertisement on the web form a bowyer(Bears paw bows),and I was kinda of wondering if any of yaw own or know of anyone who has one of these bows?

I was kind of leaning toward one oftheir shorter bows liketheir (light speed) series. I like to hunt from a standand heavy cover ;thought the smaller versions of bows would be more adaptable to treesand hunting. I have a short stature and medium build 5" 4 inches and around 190 pounds with a I think @26 draw. I heard some folks think shorter bows have to much shock and stack? Do you think the Bears paw(light speed) series would be suited for my build? I was thinking maybe going 56 bow 50#draw and @26 draw. Think that sounds about right?

Holler Critter![8D]

Old 08-28-2006, 08:47 AM

Default RE: Bears paw bows anyone heard of them?

If you're new to traditional archery, get a subscription to Traditional Bowhunter Magazine. That magazine will give you a good immersion into the whole trad scene. BearsPaws bows advertises in that magazine and there was an article about the guy that makes the bows a year or so ago. 50# is plenty of power for deer. Go for it.