HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Trad thief (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/143728-trad-thief.html)

LBR 05-29-2006 11:06 AM

Trad thief

Just a warning folks--I found out today that I got stuck. Long story short, I agreed to a trade a week or so ago. A "I'll mail my bow, you mail yours" type deal. The next day I saw a warning on a different board, and sure enough it's the same guy I sent my bow to. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Over a week later, no bow here, so I e-mailed. It was returned as undeliverable. I called--the cell phone had been disconnected.

I am offering a reward to anyone that is directly involved in getting my bow back. It will be easy to spot, as it's one of a kind. It's a Chek-Mate Thunderbird, 62", 47@28, cocobolo riser, yew on the belly, curly maple on the back with black walnut pinstripes down the center. It might wind up on e-bay or a classifieds. It was sent to Meadville, PA so it might wind up on a trade blanket at Denton Hill.

If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

Chad

Double Creek 05-29-2006 11:33 AM

RE: Trad thief

Dang Chad, I hate to hear that!! I saw those other posts, looks like he scammed several people at once.... I hope this dirt bag gets busted.....

I'll keep an eye out....

Joel

Guss 05-29-2006 11:36 AM

That sucks. You think you can trust people, wont do that again.

I will keep my eyes open. You should go on stick bow .com, alot of guys from out east on there.

Guss 05-29-2006 11:44 AM

What type of reward if I bring the thief in, dead. I dont see how steeling a few bowswould be worththe risk.

Chad you can track cellphone numbers on the internet, but I think it cost alot. I wouldtry and call some cell companies in that area and see if they can help.

bigcountry 05-29-2006 01:13 PM

I am sorry for that loss Chad. Saw it on another forum too. Wish there was something I could do to help you retrieve it. I will keep my eyes out. Bet he will be at that northernshoot in PA in a few weeks.

arrowsmit 05-29-2006 07:47 PM

Damn! That sucks Chad, sorry to hear. I hope you get your bow back soon & the lowlife gets what he deserves too. Man, I hate a thief.

john49 05-29-2006 08:29 PM

Sorry to hear about the thief Chad. I can't stomach a thief, ruins it for everyone that is honest in this sport. I think it would be worth your time to come to PA and you and I can do some hunting.Do you still have the address whereyou sent the bow? I think you should post it and maybe someone from that area would be familiar. John

Alex The Hawk 05-29-2006 08:33 PM

What state is he in LBR ?

If he is in Fla or Georgia I can find him.

LBR 05-29-2006 09:06 PM

The address I mailed it to is 323 Latonia Avenue, Meadville, PA 16335. John, I'll send you an e-mail. I appreciate the encouragement folks--this ain't over yet. I have quite a few friends round and about.

Chad

john49 05-29-2006 09:10 PM

Chad, I posted the details on the PA conference. Hope we can catch the thief for you and rid this state of some scum at the same time. If I hear anything, I'll let you know. John