Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 are you non-traditional traditional ? >

are you non-traditional traditional ?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

are you non-traditional traditional ?

Old 05-22-2006, 03:32 PM

Default are you non-traditional traditional ?

I made up a bunch of wood shafts over the winter - sanded, stained, dipped in GL ......... nice shafts. I'm now going to cap them with 3M Solas Reflective Tape ! Why ? High reflective properties allow easier recovery of arrow, and the feathers seem to stick much tighter to the shafts too.

You guys do anything not so traditional when shooting traditional ?

My armgaurd is one of those elastic ones that slip over your arm too - although I have a sweet leather one from Steven Catts, I still use my non-traditional one.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:48 PM

Default RE: are you non-traditional traditional ?

My forearms are tough as steel and require no pansy, limp wristed arm guard......

My quiver is a Realtree H-D Green Bohning...... Nothing traditional about that!!
Old 05-22-2006, 04:05 PM

I've heard you can self-tap the CX risers with a Dremel tool, using a metal sheet rock tap screw and wing nut.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use carbons(I do crest & cap them,though),screw-n broadheads,3D leafy camo,and a regular arm guard-I only use when when hunting to keep my jacket down.I wear a leather armguard at trad shoots if I'm shooting my longbow.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:59 PM

I think I will pass on that!!
Old 05-22-2006, 05:22 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

My longbow has fiberglass, phenolic, and sports a string made from one of the strongest man-madefibers available. My broadheads are produced by a machine, as my glove is sewn by a machine. My shafting is wood, but the dowels are turned by a machine. My feathers are real, but dyed most of the time, and die cut. Even my selfbow has a Dynaflight '97 string on it.

Tradtional? What's that? I'm a modern archer!

Seriously, if someone wants to hunt with natural shafting, knapped broadheads, a sinew string, a bow they gnawed out of a tree with their teeth, and wear a loincloth made from a fox squirrel that they ran down and choked to death with their bare hands, more power to them. I like my modern equipment (although I am enjoying that selfbow quite a bit).

Chad
Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 AM

Amen Chad!! I can see how going totally primitive would have it's appeal.... It's like a second hobby all together..... Seems most of them are more into making the equipment rather than tweaking their setups for maximum performance..... I'm a bowhunter first, that means I want and demand the best equipment..... BUT, I do have limits to my madness as well.... For instance, I like a wood bow(w/ carbon ), I don't care for sights or arrow rests......But if you do, great!! The sport is so facinating!! You can go any direction you wish and have a great time doing it!!! And at the end of the day, we are all one big brotherhood..... I love the fact that I can look at peoples scores and really respect it!! B/C I know what kind of work and experience it took to get there!! I love it!!!!!! The compound guys just don't know what they are missing!!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:51 AM

and wear a loincloth .........

Chad, is this you ?

Old 05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Sick, sick, sick...........I didn't say I wore a loincloth! Besides, that little scrap would look more like a thong on me. I'm afraid to ask what kind of sites you surf to come up with a picture likethat......[:'(]
Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 PM

Its a talent Chad ........ what can I say ? Some people got the skill, some people don't.

But C'mon ......... lets you and I meet up at a shoot, wear loin cloths, shooting self bows, cane shafts and knapped heads, and only communciate with grunts, gutteral sounds and pointing. Wouldn't that be a hoot ?

Quick Reply: are you non-traditional traditional ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.