Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I LOVE My Monkey.......

Old 05-21-2006, 11:56 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default I LOVE My Monkey.......

Of course I am referring to my new osage selfbow, "The Orangutan". It's been in my posession for all of two weeks, and I decided to shoot a round with it at the Jerry Pierce Memorial today. Somehow I managed to pull out a 2nd place finish with arrows that aren't even matched to the bow! Although the score with my Crusader was quite a bit higher, I only placed 4th in Men's Longbow--competition was a lot stiffer in that class. Had a great time with my son both Saturday and Sunday, saw old friends and made a new one or two. Shot a gob of arrows, and only destroyed one (on a steel bunny novelty shoot). Managed to shoot two rounds of 60 targets each with two bows, but only one arrow.

If you can ever make it to Enid Lake here in MS in May, you owe it to yourself to come shoot with us.

Chad
Old 05-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I LOVE My Monkey.......

Wow you took a second already with the new bow! Congratulations. sound like you really love the selfbow!
Old 05-22-2006, 12:03 PM

Show us your monkey
Old 05-22-2006, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Alex The Hawk

Show us your monkey

I hear it's long..........[:-][8D]

Good shooting Chad!! I just didn't show up......Went to another shoot yesterday with targets twice as far and shot a better score..... Go figure...
Old 05-22-2006, 12:40 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Alex, look at the post "The Orangutan" (I think that's the title)--got pictures posted there.

Hate I missed you DC--any chance you will make it to the Howard Hill, or one of the Lost Tribe shoots?

Chad
Old 05-22-2006, 02:02 PM

LBR,

I can't make the HH shoot, but do plan to make atleast one Lost Tribe shoot... Probably be the one in September..... The rest of the summer is just too tight will other shoots, vacations, b-days, etc....

My shoot schedule right now is looking like this:

May 27 - Yazoo City
June 17 - ASA Qualifier - Greenville
July 8 - ASA State Championship
August 5 - ASTB State Championship
August 26 - MBA State Championship
September ? - Lost Tribe
Old 05-22-2006, 03:00 PM

Oh yeah Chad, and I told you that you were one of the best!! A 2nd and a 4th place finish out of what?, 200-300 shooters? That's awesome shooting buddy!!

That outhouse shot was a hoot!!! I 10'd that sucker!! BUT........ I missed BOTH of the moving targets!!!! Shot over the turkey and hit the metal frame, which caused a complete malfunction with my carbon arrow!! [8D] And the dang pig, I led him and be danged if I didn't shoot right in front of his nose!! Shot the rooster in the head... lol....

I shot "A" side with Tal and he put on a show..... I believe he shot a 280 on that side......
Old 05-22-2006, 03:25 PM

I'll take your as$ if you ever show up in Arkansas ............
Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 PM

That sounds like a challenge...........[8D]
Old 05-22-2006, 05:00 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Shoot, I've been trying to get him to come to TN for a showdown, but methinks he's skeered to leave AR.

I shot through the back feathers on the flying turkey with my selfbow (yes, it had real feathers, wings, and a beard), but hit it with my Crusader and got the pig with both. Outhouse bear got me with the Crusader--dummy me stood on the lower side, and when the door had moved only a short distance I was cut off completely--got it with the Orangutan though. Only target I missed with the selfbow was the flying turkey, but shot way too many 5's. One thing about not having the right arrows for it--it is NOT forgiving. If I did everything just right, I got decent flight. If I drew the least bit short or plucked the string even a little bit, my shot was off to the left, not to mention the arrow looked like it might swap ends on the way to the target. I should probably keep shooting it with the same arrows--great form practice.

Tal just amazes me--he has made some massive leaps and bounds in his accuracy in just a few years. Now he gives Rod Jenkins a run for his money when they shoot the same course. He kills me with that bow--looks like you could dang near outrun the arrow to the target, but man alive he is accurate with it.

September 16 is the Lost Tribe Charity Shoot (even folks from AR are invited). Free meal, door prizes, and a decked-out Hunter II will be raffled off there. A VERY nice hand-made and engraved tomahawk will be the prize for the Warrior's Challenge novelty. It's a great club for sure.

I hope to be at the ASTB State Championship--remember that AL in August is about the same as MS in August--HOT. Good thing is the showers are close, and you can hit it as often as you want. Hope to see you there!

Chad

Quick Reply: I LOVE My Monkey.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.