Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Is Black Widow Woth The Price ???? >

Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Old 04-06-2006, 03:01 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Mind, did you ever shoot one of the old style longbows? Not a lot of mass, andat least one of theone-piece recurves didn't have much either. I had one of the recurves with a smaller riser--it wasn't shocky though. The two longbows I shot--both older models--rattled me to the bones. One was only 40-45# at my draw, and even with 600+ grain arrows it jarred my teeth. The fellow that owned it was no beginner--he's been shooting longer than I've been alive, and knows how to tune a bow. He didn't keep it long.

Again though, with the recurves I think it was a fluke--I've shot a lot of them, and none were bad with shock. And most people I've talked to say the new longbows are a big improvement over the old ones, especially in the hand shock department.

Chad
Old 04-06-2006, 03:21 PM

no, I though he was talking recurve Widows instead of the longbows

I suppose the SAG and those short 50's style recurves Widow makes/made could be less mass and shocky ......... I'm stuck on the SA and MA riser styles as the template for all Widows to be talked about I suppose.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Odd...I've owned 2 BW LAG's (the older model longbow), have shot prolly a dozen or so others, & there was no notable handshock in any of em. They weren't great performing bows, & the grip didn't fit me too good, so that's prolly a couple reasons why I don't still have em. A budd of mine shot an LAG (75# @ 28") for several yrs &won the Ky IBO State Championship 3 years running w/it. About the same time I had a run of wins at the same shoot in the recurve division w/my MA II. We both killed lots of game w/our BW'stoo, so I reckon you could say that BW bows have been very very good to us two yahoos.

Maybe my history w/ BW bows is partly why they'll always be very dear to me.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

No idea Vic--with my luck, it's possible I got ahold of two "lemons". I never even wanted to shoot another one--my elbow just won't tolerate much hand shock anymore--even a few shots from a shocky bow gets it sore now(gettin old I reckon). One of them was 40-45 at my draw, theother was 65-70 at my draw, same arrows, and I honestly don't know that the light one wasn't worse. Kind of a moot point, since the design changed--just trying to figure it out.

Chad
Old 04-06-2006, 05:50 PM

I didn't care for the broomstick handle in my PLX..... I'm sure there are different grip designs, but that one was horrible.... I also noticed a tad bit of hand shock.. Nothing big, but definitely more than my Schafer and Adcock, both of which are similar weights, etc....

Don't get me wrong, it's a great bow.... Just wasn't for me...... Of course I'm shooting a new bow every week, so my input is basically meaningless
Old 04-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Hmmm...I agree, must have been a double anomoly!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

BTW the PL is definitely their new design longbow, & the "X" suffixsignifies their exoticwood model. Handshock from a PL?? You're kiddin', right?[:-]
Old 04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I agree, must have been a double anomoly
Ain't that some kind of fancy dessert?[&:]
Old 04-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Naaaa, it sure ain't no dessert I'm smellin'...[:'(]
Old 04-06-2006, 07:58 PM

Gregory, Black widow has been a greatcompany(BUSINESS) to deal with,for me anyway(Very Professional)a few could learn,Sure you will be pleased.Good Luck on your testing ,let us know how you make out!

Quick Reply: Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.