Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 (UPDATED)PICS,Tell me what you think, been realy practicing >

(UPDATED)PICS,Tell me what you think, been realy practicing

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

(UPDATED)PICS,Tell me what you think, been realy practicing

Old 02-16-2006, 09:12 PM

Default (UPDATED)PICS,Tell me what you think, been realy practicing

My work and school schedual have alowed me to geta free hour and a halfa day for practice so I have been realy hardat it. Since hunting season I have been in a funk, between my bow being out of tune and me being out ofform, nothing has been workig. I finaly got the bow and my self back to were we should be but I am stillhaving some problems.

If I make a bad shoot it will always go to the right, they never go to the left, and I mean never. Why is this?

At 15 to 18 yards I am getting better, for the most part I keep them in a 6in group with a good number of them hitting the center and my number of rouge shoots has gone way down. Here is my problem, at 10 yards I am horrible, and I mean horrible. Yah I will get some groups that stack real nice, but for the most part I am all over. I put them high, low and to the right. As far as groups go I can keep them on target. It is so frushtrating to be that close and not be able to hit what I want.

Any help,

Thanks
Old 02-17-2006, 05:23 AM

Default RE: Tell me what you think, been realy practicing

I guess it's possible you could have a spine issue that is magnified upon bad releases that could cause flyers to be to the right.... However, my guess would be you're simply getting a bad release...... Unless you are left handed, if that is the case you are probably dropping your bow arm.....

I would suspect your shooting at 10yds is not good due to concentration.... If your form is good and you have the proper arrows, 10yds should be very easy.... Something just doesn't sound right about your situaton.....
Old 02-17-2006, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Flyers to the right can be caused by several things, but (for a RH shooter) collapsing is by far the most common. Relax your string hand more(during the entire shot sequence)& try to forget about your release &just let it happen as you push your bow toward the very center of your mark. Be more cognizant, instead, of your follow thru.

As for the 10 yd groups, I believe DC nailed it.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:15 PM

You might have something which a lot of people have including me, that is a desparity of the eyes, meaning you don't see center equally with both eyes.

There is a test for that ,but I can't find the chart right now, it show me with a powerful left eye and an off center right eye, so I always hit slighty left whether with a rife or Bow.

Once you know you can then adjust your sighting by moving the bow arm to whichever side you need to compensate for.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:10 PM

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

I think the spine is good, most of the time my arrows fly perfect. As you guys said I also thought it may be my release, sometime it is good and all goes well other time it just dosent feel right. am going to try and work on it with some real up close shooting.

As for the ten yard deal I just think it is in my head. I will draw and hold for way to long because I want to be perfect. What is funny is I can walk around to the other side of the target at 10 yards and stack um real good. I must be a nuts.

Ill get it some day.

ALex dont even tell me that what that test is, if I start thinking about that I will probable come down with it, I am crazy like that.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like you're overthinking. RELAX!! HAVE FUN!! Lots of us have been at this for quite awhile now & are still continually working on refining our shot. As humans, perfection remains beyond our grasp in any endeavor, yet for many of us the challenge of striving toward that unreachable goalis the most enjoyable (& rewarding) part ofour sport. Lord knows there are other weapons w/a much more direct route to utmost accuracy.

Hang in there.

- Forever a student of the shot,

VicW.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:55 AM

Arrowsmith I think you got the just of it.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Right flyers for me usually happen when I do not tilt my head with the cant, and as mentioned from not releasing the tension in my draw hand before releasing. I can release the tension without releasing the bow string. But, if I think about the actual release at all, I'll screw it up. If I get a bad release, my arrows usually go a little high and left.

For the cant, as another anchor point, the string usually just touches a little above my eye. This is also a good reference point for me for short drawing.

Also, make sure that you are using the exact same form for the 10 yarder as other distances. Sometimes, people get into the "chip shot mode", and something in their form goes.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:38 AM

Thanks bobco will work on it, I have tell the middle of April to get things together, I realy want to use my bow this turkey season.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 PM

Default RE: (UPDATED)PICS,Tell me what you think, been realy practicing

Sorry about the delay I went to update this and lost my wirless conection.

Here is a pic of my group at 18yards. This is an avarage group, I shoot some better and some not as good.
Maybe I should jsut aim to the lrft.. The 3 are within 2in of the center the one is about 6in out.

Quick Reply: (UPDATED)PICS,Tell me what you think, been realy practicing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.