Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Thinking of turning to the dark side >

Thinking of turning to the dark side

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Thinking of turning to the dark side

Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 AM

Default RE: Thinking of turning to the dark side

Bobco,

Nope, it was a 30-06...... First deer I've killed with a gun in 4-5yrs..... But, I thought it would be a fun and great way to start my little boy out.... And I wasn't kidding, he did shoot at aspike with his little longbow.... Course it came up short by about 45yds
Old 01-17-2006, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

A simple solution to not getting enough shooting time.......

Somewhere IN your house, I prefer a closet. Either hang off the rung, or stack up some rubber mades (or do both in my case). Fill a medium sized burlap bag or (if you have the room) full of used shrink wrap. You really want to get a second bag behind the main bag as a cushion or you'll poke through once the bag gets broke in. Now you'll have no excuse for not practicing.

Though the range maybe close, form is 110% more important then practicing for accuracy for without form (if nothing else consistency), there is no such thing!

Do this and you'll have ZERO excuse for not shooting on a daily basis.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:36 PM

Good for you, buddy. Giving a good, honest effort is half the battle. You won't be sorry, regardless of how it works out.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Snowman,

IMHO you made the correct decision. Last November I sold my Dale Stahl T/D recurve and hybrid longbow because arthritis in the string fingers on my right hand caused me to flinch everytime I released. Accuracy was nonexistent. I THOUGHT the solution was "Buy a compound."

Now nearly 3 months later, I have the compound for sale at the shop where I bought it and have a T/D longbow enroute to me and sent out a MO for another yesterday. I still have the arthritis, but I figure I can shoot a longbow with a string loop and release just as readily as I can a compound. The bonus? I get to enjoy the beauty, warmth and much lighter weight of the longbows!!

Bill
Old 01-31-2006, 09:53 PM

ORIGINAL: lamb1647

Snowman,

IMHO you made the correct decision. Last November I sold my Dale Stahl T/D recurve and hybrid longbow because arthritis in the string fingers on my right hand caused me to flinch everytime I released. Accuracy was nonexistent. I THOUGHT the solution was "Buy a compound."

Now nearly 3 months later, I have the compound for sale at the shop where I bought it and have a T/D longbow enroute to me and sent out a MO for another yesterday. I still have the arthritis, but I figure I can shoot a longbow with a string loop and release just as readily as I can a compound. The bonus? I get to enjoy the beauty, warmth and much lighter weight of the longbows!!

Bill

Now that is dedication!! Congrats to you!!
Old 02-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

u have to think what is the best way to kill a deer fast. if u hurt but don't kill a deer u will feel like crap