Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Now I've Done It...

Old 12-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Now I've Done It...

.... I've let my want-to's overcome my common sense and I got a bow I've wanted for years. Won the auction for a RedWing Hunter on Ebay last night. At 58", I know it's too short for me. I know it'll give me finger pinch. I know it's gonna stack, but I just love the looks of those bows.

Actually, it's the second one I've tried to get. Last week some sorry, rotten, no good beat me out by 90 cents on a sweet 35 lb RedWing Slimline. Last night I did the same thing to the other guy that was bidding on it, so he's probably calling me a sorry, rotten, no good today.

The one I gotis a standard model at 39 lbs. It doesn't have the AMF logo on it, so it must be a Bob Lee original.I figure it'll likely draw around 45-47 lbs for me and I'll have to just fingertip the string with my index finger at full draw to get away from the pinch.

Already got a couple of string twisted up, so I'm ready to go. Now comes the part I hate... waiting for the mailman.[&:]

Old 12-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Now I've Done It...

Art, got any pics?

I've never heard of those bows.

Lately I've been really jonesing for a R/D forward grip short "long" bow like the shrews. Found out Wes Martin makes one called the mosshorn that is very similar to the shrews from the pics I've seen, at a much more reasonable price.

Only problem is I have no money and his website is down...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

I hear ya, I just got back the first bow I ever had a 70# 1952 kodiak and Wow that thing is "shocking"! pun intended.LOL She aint pretty but its a long story behind this bow. My dad sold it to a buddy when I went into the Navy; who took it to alaska and killed a Kodiak bear with it. and My dad got it back After I gave him a ton of crap about it and gave it to me. I got a string on it and man she shoots good but you want to talk shock WOW
Old 12-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Range, it was made by Wing Archery, designed by Bob Lee when he ran the place. During the last year or twohe bought back the rights to the name and started producing it again as the Bob Lee RedWing. At a premium price too.[:-]I don't have any pics yet of the bow I bought, but here's a pic of a RedWing Hunter. I got the picfrom www.archeryarchives.com

Whoah! Sorry about the size. It wasn't thatbig on the web page.[&:]

Rich, congrats on getting your old bow back. I've got a few that I used to own out there in the wild. Hope a few of them find their way back home someday.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a nice red wing. I have a buddy who got one at a yard sale this summer for 5 bucks LOL that lucky turd
Old 12-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

The bow came about an hour ago. Limbs were twisted. Cured that problemwith the ol' hot water treatment. It's got alot of scratches. Maybe a trip to Bowdoc will be coming up for a refinishing. This bow would be worth spending the extra money.

Draws surprisingly sweet for such a short bow, in relation to my draw length. Shoots hard. All it needs is a little fine tuning.

It's even got an original Wing strike plate and rug rest, both in excellent shape!

My ChekMate done got bumped to second string, Chad.[&:]
Old 12-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a real nice Christmas Present ! Congrats.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:31 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Art! Sounds like you have a really great bow as well as a pc of archery history there! The original strike plate & rug are very nice unexpected touches too! - Shweeeeeet!!

- Don't be too quick to move out your current "#1" tho, at least wait till the "honeymoon" is over. (Been there/done that)
Old 12-12-2005, 08:32 AM

Aaaah so your the rotten guy who beat me huh?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

So YOU are the one that kept running the price up on me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.