HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Anyone use/used Pope and Young arrow fletch shape (pic) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/122974-anyone-use-used-pope-young-arrow-fletch-shape-pic.html)

BobCo19-65 11-29-2005 01:22 PM

Anyone use/used Pope and Young arrow fletch shape (pic)

Just wondering if anyone has ever used the pope and young arrow fletch shape. I just ordered a cutter. I wanted to get a fletch shape that I could touch to my nose for a third anchor point. Just wondering if anyone used them before.

Arthur P 11-29-2005 02:41 PM

RE: Anyone use/used Pope and Young arrow fletch shape

Gee, thanks, Bob. I've been sitting here trying to remember how long it's been since I've used that cut and now mybrain hurts from over use.[8D]

I know I wasn't in high school yet, so that makes it at least 40 years ago. As far as I can remember, my arrows flew okay. But Fred Bear was my hero and, since he used shield cuts, well.... ;)

Troy F. 11-29-2005 04:00 PM

I have tried them, looks coolbut they are very noisey.

BobCo19-65 11-30-2005 06:58 AM

I have tried them, looks coolbut they are very noisey.
That's kind of what I thought judging by the shape. Anyway, I'll give them a try. I like the way they come to a point at the end. Should make for a more consistant draw stop anchor.

Sorry for the pain Arthur![8D]

BobCo19-65 12-08-2005 06:39 AM

RE: Anyone use/used Pope and Young arrow fletch shape (pic)

Here is a picture of what the fletch looks like if anyone is interested. The three on the left are 5" Pope and Young fletches, the one on the right is a 5 3/4" maxi fletch.

Bill W 12-16-2005 01:16 PM

I tried fletching some arrows with a special cut shape similar to a P&Y shape but I found them to have a higher profile and noisy. I had to raise my nock point and after awhile I stripped off this fletching and went back to my 5" shield cut. 2 red bar and one grey/white bar.
Bill

arrowsmit 12-16-2005 04:40 PM

Like already posted, they are verynoisey in flight. I think they lookreally great (esp for a longbow arrow[8D]), but haven't used em in a long time, prolly due to the noiseyness mostly.[:-]

tommy killtrigger 12-23-2005 03:26 PM

I use a " traditional " cut Blitzberger [sp.] fletcher, similar to the P&Y, but has a more rounded beginning to the fletch. I did some turkey feathers, and was pleased with look and quietness. It will also give you that point locator you are looking for. Good groups! Tony!