Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

A tutorial on Aiming

Old 10-21-2005, 06:21 PM

Default RE: A tutorial on Aiming

I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging or anything like that mhogan andif I sounded like I was braggingI appologize,I just meant to say that how much I enjoy this even though its only been a few days and that I have never found anything that I was good at this fast. I never did that good at anything when it came to concentrating and focusing as I do when it I shoot because that how I shoot, I didn't even try gap shooting yet.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Default RE: A tutorial on Aiming

Don't mind me, I've suffered from wissassittis my whole life.

Some people are very good at instinctive shooting. I shot with a guy that was doing great out to 60 yards on a 900 shoot. But I think most struggle to get hunting quality 20 yard accuracy on a consistent basis. Consistent was my problem. There were days I could bang the arrows together out to 30 yards and amazed myself doing it. Then I was a foot to the right and in a 2 foot circle the next day.

I felt I had to try something else and Byron’s book and an aiming the arrow article got me to make the change. I aim the arrow and still miss - but with dignity usually. Either high or low as I still instinctive that part. Missing with dignity. Some say there is no such thing, I beg to differ.