Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
home again......for now [:D] >

home again......for now [:D]

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

home again......for now [:D]

Old 10-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default home again......for now [:D]

Well what a hunt. The elk woods and 11000 feet are....umm...different *gasp*. Is that a molecule of air floating by *faint*

My pard and I passed on some average to small bulls hopeing for the big guys that we saw almost every day. I did call in a big bull before my bud arrived but being the elk novice (2 days in the elk woods with a ticked off 6x6 at 50 yards), He nailed my trail coming in.

I am throughly impressed with their noses....just wow! Another camp shot a 6x6 green scored out at 362 P&Y to show you the caliber of bulls we were seeing. Many many 6x6's, a handfull of 6x7's and one HUUUUUGE 7x7 later. Not to mention yotes, grizzlys, bighorn sheep, mule deer and a ton of pronghorn.

The bulls would talk every now and then as the weather was in and out with 3"es of snow by the lsat nite but few would come in.

ON the way home it was off to meet Glenn St Charles. 231 bucks, 4 rolls of film and some good laughs later I walked out of Nw Archery with a new appreciation for the man!

He started on some hot topics, cwd, stand hunting, and hunters of today, not to mention some more storys on Alaska and the Lil Delta country.

The muesum is going to move to Chatfield Mn after Glenn passes, something that weighed heavy on his mind. I am not sure but it seemed like he had mixed emotionso about it. If you are out and about flying, you NEED..no MUST spend an afternoon visiting him! The shop is 15 minutes from the terminal and this historical place will be gone in the years to come!

The stuff we drewl over in the TBM, the stuff we dream over at hunting campfires, the stuff the wife says we need no more of.......its their!

There is not one person in the history of tradtional bowhunting that I could think of, that has not left his mark in Glenn's shop! Bows, arrows, bh's, quivers, gear, you name it, its their! Some of the racks from the Lil delta hunt, and others are hanging in the shop too.

Just WOW, all to humbled we left so as not to keep Glenn from lunch. Their is not one Archer, let alone trad archer around that shouldnt make an effort to see Glenn soon. At 91 he is doing much much better then I could ever hope for, but life is inevitable! Dont miss the opportunity!

And as Glenn wrote in my Lil Delta book..........

Keep the Spirit alive

http://www.geocities.com/tradbow007/...dventures.html
Old 10-02-2002, 03:50 PM

Default RE: home again......for now [:D]

LIL Good ta see ya got home for awhile. Wished ya had luck but it's not the trophy it's the hunthat counts. I can only imagine ta visit with Glenn let lone hear the hunts he'd tell. Jus seen yer post thout i'd say HEY. talk to ya later. TrapperJohn

randy g ward
Old 10-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Good to see you Dan. Sounds like the hunt was a great success and getting to meet the man himself must have been just awesome.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

well just found out my pard isnt going to do his special sheep hunt due to weather so no packing for me. There is however plans brewing. Caribou with some youngings (should be a hoot), and these goat plans are in the making! Man life is rough hehe. Best of luck to ya all and hey hey TJ, glad to see ya other then in the chat room!

shoot straight!

http://www.geocities.com/tradbow007/...dventures.html