Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Fletch colors for deer >

Fletch colors for deer

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Fletch colors for deer

Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fletch colors for deer

Have you found a certain fletch color that is bright enough for good visibility that doesn't seem to spook deer?

What is it?

I've always used red and grey. Red because deer can't see red so it appears grey to them (based on what I read a long time ago).

I'm getting ready to order some fletching and I want to use True Flights new "traditional barred" color, sort of bronzish and black, and want to put a feather tracer behind the fletch. I'm wanting to choose a color for the tracer that will give me high visibility but not spook deer if they happen to catch me moving. I was thinking red, but in low light it's really not highly visible. I was then thinking yellow, since supposedly a great deal of the deers world is seen as shades of yellow.

Any ideas?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fletch colors for deer

Hot pink. Not very macho, but it's not supposed to be very visible to deer while I can see it really well. But since it's not macho, I generally use white and cover the fletches in my quiver with a camo fletching cover.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:04 PM

I have heard that deer, while technically colorblind, my be able to distinguish blue to some extent. I like your scarlet and gray combo - you can be an honorary Buckeye.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:01 AM

I like white and never really worry about it....... I've never had a deer spook b/c it saw my arrows..... Plus, have you ever seen blood on a white feather? It's spectacular!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 06:48 AM

I'm currently using two green and one highlighter green , the brighter green is easy to find and you can see it in flight.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

I've always liked yellow, even though they can be hard to pick out in a forest floor full of freshly fallen fall foliage, because I see them very well in dim light. Last year I added a blue cock feather for contrast & have been very happy w/the results.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:53 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I like yellow, chartruese, or pink because these are the colors that I can see best. Movement is what will get you busted.

Chad
Old 09-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

rite now..yellow n red
Old 09-26-2005, 05:16 PM

yellow with whie cock feather.. I also dyed the topthird of the arrowa muted yellow

Tim
Old 09-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Red hens with a white cock feather .

Quick Reply: Fletch colors for deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.