Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

shooting fingers

Old 08-27-2005, 07:30 PM

Default shooting fingers

anyone shoot three under. Noticed i seem to shoot better with three under. Do you puta second nock point below or just not be concered with possible nock pinch.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: shooting fingers

I shot three under for a couple of years. Seemed to make a real diff. for that bow. No extra nock necessary.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

A second nock isn't necessary but.... Hoyt did some high speed video years back that showed the arrow's nock can slip down the string during the shot and cause inconsistent accuracy. I always tie on a second nock for hunting and just general messing around. Some tournament rules only allow a single nock point though.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Hello

I've shot three fingers under for the last couple of years. It has really improved my accuracy. I built my own bow and I tilleredthis bowfor shooting three fingers under.

Dan
Old 08-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Ill go ahead and tie a nock below. If my bare shafts a hitting with my fletched shafts, what can i expect when i put on a muzzy three blade bh. Five inch trueflight feathers.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:14 PM

3 fingers under improved my shot considerably. I use a second nock. I'm not sure I understand your second question.

Jim
Old 08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot three under and really like it better than any other way. Instead of a second nock I use one of the rubber rings the release compound shooters use so they don't pinch the nock with thier release. I put my fingers right under the ring and I never have any problem with finger pinch.
Hatchet Jack
Old 08-28-2005, 08:45 PM

If your bare shafts have the same poi, doesnt that mean that the bow is tunned about as good as it gets. If so then bh flight shouldnt be a problem?
Old 08-28-2005, 09:26 PM

I think my shooting improved when I tied on the second nock point.

I'm not sure about your other question. For tuning I would go to O.L. Adcocks website and download his tuning guide...... Do a google search, you'll find it.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

You can expect your Muzzys to shoot where you look, given your bare shaft tune. On the other hand, archery stuff does have a way of doing the UNexpected.

Quick Reply: shooting fingers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.