HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Traditional Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery-19/)
-   -   Getting Closer and Closer (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/traditional-archery/109458-getting-closer-closer.html)

Arthur P 08-19-2005 02:05 AM

Getting Closer and Closer

Hunting season is almost here and I'm having the ritual bout of insomnia I always get this time of year.[>:] I don't have anything to do. There's nothing to worry about. All my stuff is ready to go. I know exactly where I'm gonna be at first light opening day. Everything is set, but all this stuff keeps whirling through my head.... I mess around with my hunting video game to try and ease the tension, then I wake up having dreams about the video game![:-]

So... Is this hunting stuff driving anybody else nuts, or is it just me?[8D]

Double Creek 08-19-2005 07:32 AM

RE: Getting Closer and Closer

Not me, I'm still working out kinks and trying to get my arrows tuned. I haven't shot my broadheads yet, so I still have that to do as well...... If you ask me it will be here too soon :D

BobCo19-65 08-19-2005 07:56 AM

I know what you mean Art. When does your season begin anyway? Mine starts on October 15th. Anyway it's my 40th on the 14th and I'm hoping my wife will still let me go to the cabin the day before. But, I'm not sure. Either way I'll have to let her do her thing if I know what's good for me. I my have to keep the opener local though, the cabin is 100 miles away and I need all the beauty sleep I can get[8D].

LBR 08-19-2005 08:47 AM

Doesn't *whitetail* bother me in the *broadheads* least Art *longbow*. Yeah, I give it a *POC* thought every now and *feather* then, but it's not *flemish string* eating away at me or *opening day* anything like that.

Chad

arrowsmit 08-19-2005 03:57 PM

LOL goodun Chad!:D

Kip 08-19-2005 08:33 PM

Gee Chad, your thinking seems to be about the same as mine. Im running 12 bear baits right now, so I have more than enough to keep me occupied, but the thoughts keep going through my head on how Oct 1st will pan out. Praise the Lord and pass the arrows, bow season is in sight.

Arthur P 08-19-2005 08:37 PM

Bob, our dove season opens Sept 1. Bow season runs from Oct 1 - 30 this year. Well, really from Oct 1 - 28. The 29th and 30th are also the youth rifle season. Inexperienced kids out hunting with rifles on what is also the last 2 days of bow season. That's just one of the brilliant ideas our game commission has cooked up. But that's another story...;)

BobCo19-65 08-22-2005 10:30 AM

I'm just about ready. :)Grouping at 25 yards:

Double Creek 08-22-2005 10:53 AM

Hey Bob, great groups...... Where's the Adcock? ;)

BobCo19-65 08-22-2005 10:59 AM

That's it. The riser is gaboon ebony (entirely black, with black glass). The lighting in the garage and flash of the camera may make it look an little strange.