Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Vented Magnus Broadheads >

Vented Magnus Broadheads

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Vented Magnus Broadheads

Old 09-19-2002, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Vented Magnus Broadheads

I bought a set of these to try this year. I really liked the Wensel Woodsman, but deplore the little needle point. I have always used Zwicky and Grizzly heads on my arrows(grizz on wood, and zwicks on lum-num)
Frankly so far, I'm impressed. They have what Magnus is calling a "diamond point" (looks just like the one on zwicky to me) they mount and spin well, and on my 2117 hunting rig, they will group inside of 3" at 23 yards (my max range)
Remains to be seen how tough they are. I've found nothing so far as tough as a grizzly or as consistant as my Zwickys, but these are lookin' good!
Anybody else used them?
Old 09-20-2002, 01:17 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Vented Magnus Broadheads

Mine are the two blade, and no, they don't whistle. They say the vent for bleeder insert in the 4 blade does.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Mine are the two blade, and no, they don't whistle. They say the vent for bleeder insert in the 4 blade does.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:02 PM

John,
Let me know how they do. It's hard to beat my Eskimos though. I haven't found a reason to change yet. Dick

Old 09-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-21-2002, 07:32 AM

I shoot the 100 grain two blade Magnus screw-ins. They shoot as good as my field points and do not whistle. 5 Shot did a test on these and found them to be pretty durable and published the results in the Bowhunting Equipment forum. I changed from Zwickeys to these lighter blades because I wanted to lighten my arrows for flatter trajectory. Time will tell how they work on deer.

Gar

Just Say No to Crossbows!
Old 09-21-2002, 08:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-22-2002, 06:30 PM

John nail, I used them on my hunt here in California, Practice for a couple months, then took a nice 3X2 Mulie at 45 yards with my 52# vision and Cedar shafts. The arrow stopped at the far shoulder, taking both lungs and an artery off the heart. I will continue to use them on my Cedar arrows. The broadheads were 125 grains.

Edited by - Richard McCullough on 09/22/2002 19:31:53
Old 09-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Spike

I wonder what makes some WW whistle and some not? I have them on cedars and aluminums and have no whistle at all from either one. The blades are lined up with the leading edge of my feathers. Wonder if that makes a difference? The needle points on the WW are an easy fix with just a snip of pliers to make the point basically any size you want. Or, like I did on a couple while practicing. Shoot them babies into a concrete block wall. Needle point problem gone. They do resharpen back up nicely. They are a very durable BH as well as the other heads made by Magnus.

Quick Reply: Vented Magnus Broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.