Traditional Archery Equipment Buy and sell your Traditional Archery equipment here.

Bamboo arrow shafts

Old 06-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Spike

Default Bamboo arrow shafts

Here's a dozen new sanded, heat treated, straightened and sealed bamboo shafts. Not garden stakes - these are the famed Tonkin bamboo. Very nice looking and shoot great! I have 40-45# and 50-55# spine weights. Bamboo shoots well out of a wider range of bow weights, unlike wood. I have shot them from a 40# longbow to a 60# recurve with no problems. Bamboo has a nice natural taper allowing for greater penetration. A nice doe I shot last year with my bamboo arrow fell within sight. These are tough too. My friend shot a cinder block and the only thing that happened was the tip was knocked off center. Didn't break, split, lose a nock or feather!

I will cut and taper the shafts for $5. I can also fletch them and add nocks if you'd like, just send a note and I'll give you a price. For do it yourselfers - the shafts are about 9/32 on the nock end and 5/16 at the point. Normal 11/32 brodheads work fine.
$32 a dozen, or will sell fewer amounts for $3.25 per shaft
I’ve made many and can answer any questions you may have. So, if you have ANY questions at all, please ask them.

I'll ship them to you for $8 – that includes the box and bubble wrap. That’s to the lower 48 USA. Anywhere else and we’ll figure it out.

Thanks! Dan

Last edited by shuwb; 06-29-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: more information