Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Fishing Forum > Freshwater Fishing
 Lake Okeechobee (sp) ? >

Lake Okeechobee (sp) ?

Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Lake Okeechobee (sp) ?

Old 03-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lake Okeechobee (sp) ?

I'm heading down to Florida at the end of April or beginning of may and was wondering about fishing Lake Okeechobee. I have always wanted to fish their but don't know anything about getting a guide for the day, how the fishing is, or what to use. I'd LOVE to cath a nice bass that I could get mounted. Anyone have any suggestions.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lake Okeechobee (sp) ?

if i were going i would contact hugh crumpler, he is/was a touring pro, good guy and you will catch fish, some of these guys fish stick marsh and farm 13, which in my opinion would give you a better shot a fish of a lifetime, best of luck

http://www.hughcrumpler.com/

http://www.imaginationbassin.com/

http://www.hawghunterguideservice.com/
Old 03-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

m.t.hands, Thanks for the info. I just booked a trip with Hugh for the end of april. I'll let you know how I make out. Did you ever fish with hugh, and if so how did you do?
Old 03-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have fished with him once, and against him several times in tournaments, he is a first class act and you will catch fish, i drew him as a partner back in the early 80's at lake seminole on the al/ga line we both had a limit that day mine weighed 16# and some change, not sure what he ended up with, been a lota years, which body of water are you going to fish, good luck and i'm sure you'll have a good trip....
Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

We'll be heading out to stick marsh. The reports right now look pretty good. They are landing a ton of fish and some with decent size. I hope it keeps up through april. Did you ever gat out on stick marsh and if so how is the fishing towards the end of april?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

i have fished stick marsh 3 times and all 3 trips were in feb., from what i've heard the fishing is still very good thru may, best of luck, catch a good'en...

my wife caught a 11.2 in 2001, thats been our biggest but we have caught several 9's a bunch of of 7-8 #ers and boat-loads of 3-5# fish

take a camera and plenty of sun-screen
Old 03-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

bear, I usually catch huge bass down there thru the 1st week of June and I have No doubt that you will catch one to mount. The bass down there fight alot harder and are more aggressive. Dont be afraid to use large bait's, my favorite is a 9 inch culprit worm and my favorite color by far is June Bug. If you never fished FL. before you are in for a treat. I am heading back down May 29th. Pike
Old 03-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info guys. I can't wait to get out there. My goal for the trip is to catch one over 8 lbs. My dad had one mounted a few years back that size so of course I need a bigger one. I'm just glad I talked my wife into letting me go out. I guess she really wanted to go down so I made that my only stipulation. I'll let you know what the fishing was like when I get back.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bear what town are you staying in? Also the airlines have really cheap tickets right now from Baltimore to almost every airport in FL. Pike
Old 03-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are flying into west palm beach and staying at breakers west with my wifes grandfather. That is actually the real reason we are heading down but i wasn't going to waste this chance at some Fl largemouth so I booked all day on April 25th to go out with Hugh. i know it's going to be about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive to stick marsh but that doesn't bother me in the least, I'm just pumped up to go.

p.s. I just saw you live in York so you're not too far from me. I live in columbia right across the river. Small world huh, it will be quite a change from the smallies we're used to fishing.

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee (sp) ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.