Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Rules

Old 08-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Official Rules

1. Deer(whitetail/mulie)must taken legally and ethically as laws apply in the state your hunting including tags

2. Archery equipment only which include crossbows, no gun entry

3. Antlered deer only (whitetail or mule)including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in.

4. Will be using the Pope & Young Gross scoring system, no deductions. (Mule deer will have to be divided by percent)

5. No more than 10 persons per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve....I'll oversee it.

6. Deadline to join is 1st 270 entries, with alternates then being taken until Oct 1st. , you may join the alternate list, see rule 5.

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The buck must have a tag visable(if tags apply to your state), the bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical.

8. Total number of inches of all team member's animal will decide the winner....see rule 4.

9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count. First buck means first taken regardless of multi state hunts.

10. No penned shot deer accepted, deer must be a free range wild animal regardless private or public land.

11. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's and moderators participating within the contest. Those decisions will be final.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official Rules

Any questions? Anything to add?

After reading this link... http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=731653
Old 08-25-2004, 02:33 PM

How about nussance permit deer?

Or is it Regular season only.............may want to add that
Old 08-25-2004, 02:40 PM

Not all states have a tag system

i also don't agree with the first buck rule, how about automatic deductions from bucks taken in the Midwest? I doubt anyone would be up for that. Look, some states have obvious advantages, why not let us use them?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry Double Creek, rule 9 was set forth from the contest's begining....it's the rules members signed up for so that rule stays........1st buck only.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob ... we should prolly put on there that it is gross score .... and the buck counts if you tag it with an antlered tag , weather taggin a 3 inch spike or not , if you can in your state , or a youngster here in PA .......
Old 08-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Deer must taken legally and ethically as laws apply in your state including tags

If I'm reading this correctly then no outfitter bookings (out of state hunts) allowed? Better clarify , I noticed a few folks have hunts booked. I think in all fairness it should be home state hunts , no outfitters.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:19 PM

Is out of state OK if it is family land and you hunt there every year?
Old 08-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gross score is included in the rules,

I amended rule one to read in the state you are hunting,

out of state hunts and booked hunts should be included as long as it's fair chase, no pens....why not, it's still bowhunting.....regardless but it's still the first buck you take regardless of the state.....
Old 08-25-2004, 08:01 PM

Just so you know now....We don't use tags in Mississippi........

Believe it or not, we are under an honor system. 3 bucks per year/5 doe.

If you don't believe me, go to the Ms wildlife game and fish site.........

NO TAGS HERE.........but I'll make one if it will make you happy.

Quick Reply: Official Rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.