Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Courtesy Rules. >

Courtesy Rules.

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Courtesy Rules.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Courtesy Rules.

Courtesy Rules:

If someone has complied with the rules of posting an ad in this forum and you feel like there may be a price that is out of line, DO NOT post in that ad that they can get it Cheaper, or Newer, or Better elsewhere!

As this can raise it's ugly head, time and again in this forum, & it tends to make a person wonder about the motives such individuals have for shooting down a fellow member's ad trying to sell something.

If you feel compelled to try & educate the poster that they are too pricey or whatever with their ad, then by all means POLITELY send them a PERSONAL MESSAGE with your concerns.

I repeat, Do Not post derogatory remarks in their thread.

If that is brought to my attention, I will edit or delete the post & you may hear from me and no one wants that. LOL

Show fellow members here the same respect you would expect if you had an ad running here.

In most cases if something is too high, the silence of any response to the ad lets the poster know he may be too high

Thanks for your continued cooperation in keeping the Classifieds Forum a great place to find a bargain, or to sell an item that will benefit another member.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Courtesy Rules.

hey bubba where did i threaten you at? There is nothing I have seen in the forum rules about bumping a post.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Courtesy Rules.

Good lord man, how old are you... 6?Do you go cry to your mama when someone pulls your hair too?

You can bump your thread any time you want. That is the point of trying to sell something in a classified ad. To give it as much visibility as possible. If other people want to let their items fade to page two or three then that is up to them. I however, want to sell my stuff as quickly as possible and bumping it to the top keeps it visible. Often timesI bump other peoples items to the top for them if they are offering a great deal.

Grow up a little!

In fact, you, Mr. tattle tale, are breaking the forum rules by posting threads looking to trade your rifle for a bow in the bowhunting gear review section instead of the classifieds.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3377513&mpage=1&key=&#337751 3
but im only intersted in tone of the the 3 best out. could i get some opinions. my guess is 1. mathews 2. hoyt.3. bow tech. im looking for all aroung speed , accuracy, and quiet. im 5ft 11in, 29 and 1/2 draw 62 pull. i like the fuse and doinker staiblizer. muzzy or g5 broad head(fixed) easton accs. or those new arrows that are like 240 are nice. and the quik tune rest and not sure what else right now. as faras my rifle i have a browning 300 wsm stainless ltd camo dura coat stock with a leupold 3.5 x 10 x 50 vx3 silver matte scope. leupols ringes and bases with a trigger job. and sighted in with the 150 grain xp3 load.3/4 in groups to at 100 yards easy. not bad for 300 wsm.
And then you break the very own courtesy rules that Rob has posted in this threadabout talking about someone elses listed price in a thread that is not yours.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2907666&mpage=1&key=&#290933 6
i think you might have a hard time with that price unless you want to trade. i personally have a browning abolt ltd stainless w/ the duracoat stock. and i have a leupold 3.5 x 10 x 50 vx 3 with leupold rings and mouts 300wsm value of my gun was and 1800 but i cant get that,
And yet another thead trying to trade your rifle in the bowhunting gear review section.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2898787&mpage=1&key=&#289878 7
looking for a top bow. may hoyt, mathews, bowtech for my rifle. i have a browning abolt limited edition stainless 300wsm with the duracoat stock and it has a leupold 3.5 x 10 x 50 vx3 . value(gun,scope, rings and mounts) 1800 dollars new.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Something else that might help is to edit your topic's title to include the word "SOLD" after you've sold your gun. I've noticed some members are already doing that and it makes a difference to members not wanting to look at guns already sold. Good luck on your sales everybody.

CalHunter
Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Spike

If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.