Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NH ~ Moose lottery ?Do you need help? >

NH ~ Moose lottery ?Do you need help?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NH ~ Moose lottery ?Do you need help?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NH ~ Moose lottery ?Do you need help?

If anyone is interested in Moose hunting NH and having me as the sub-permitee
in exchange for lodging/guiding in WMU D2 or WMU G let me know?
It usually takes place around the 3rd week of October, dates to be determined soon...

Before anyone gets the impression that I'm a guide, I WILL tell you I'm NOT!
I have a camp in this region and mostly use it for bird hunting and some deer hunting.
I will tell you that I bump into Moose occasionally while hunting and I know where they hang out once in a while.
So your odds will be better with me than doing it alone, I think???
Also, if we tag out early we could bird hunt or deer/bear hunt for the remaining week.

Of course if we score a Moose I would take 1/2 the meat.
If you didn't want the rack, I would love that also, your choice though? (Like someone wouldn't want a Moose rack-dah!?)
The only other stipulation on my part would be if I or my buddy get's drawn for a tag, then I will have to bail out.
As my buddy will be my sub-permitee and vice-versa.
The lottery ends @ the end of May and is drawn in June, so plenty of time to plan.
Note, if you are selected for a tag, then you and the myself have to take a mandatory "moose class".
At this time we could plan a scouting trip @ the same time, so this means a trip to NH in July/Aug?

You can find everything you need on the NH F&G website for our season(s) & licenses, etc...
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunting/hunting.htm

If interested, please thoroughly read the web link for all pertinent info, as my words are just hearsay.
Thanks Ed

Old 01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NH ~ Moose lottery ?Do you need help?

Hey Ed I might be up for that, I don't care much about killing a moose but the grouse sounds fun.

We'll talk, Jim
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NH ~ Moose lottery ?Do you need help?

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Hey Ed I might be up for that, I don't care much about killing a moose but the grouse sounds fun.

We'll talk, Jim
The bird hunting is phenomenal (most years) and includes Grouse, Woodcock, Rabbit with a few fields stocked for Pheasant.
Archery season for whitetail is during the same period and there are some bruisers in this section of the state, just not a lot of deer per square mile (10-15).

I happen to be taking the picture, as I seemed to be on the wrong line this day.[8D]