Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style... >

Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

Through the course of my first year on HNI I have been very grateful to have gained valuable information!
I have received great tips from personal emails, not to exclude the informative posts from handfuls of
well respected and consistent deer hunters.
I thank you all, and would like to share another motivating experience from this past weekend...

A couple times a year I talk with 2-brothers that I used to play racquetball with. Of course we hit it off
nicely when I first met them, back in 1994, after I moved into the area from where I grew up. We would
shoot the breeze about hunting, as one can imagine, and swap stories about our adventures. Until this point
in my hunting career, I would typically only hunt the big woods and had just taken up archery hunting.
These two brothers introduced me to "suburban deer hunting".

The two brothers would explain how to work your way, legally, into tracts of land that border houses.
Many of these homes are in "high end million dollar neighborhoods", which creates a very daunting task.
As most people know, the owners of these beautiful homes, sometimes think that the deer are "their pets" and
they love to see them roam their neighborhoods. They taught me to be like a ninja in these settings.[8D]

I was fortunate to have been invited to one of the brothers homes this past holiday season
and WHAT A SURPRISE IT WAS!

* Most of his deer were taken in northern MAand southern NH, within a 15 mile radius of my house.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

more

Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Note: The shelf running around the perimeter of the room is from shed hunting only and these sheds are 4 point or better.
Hekeeps a huge basket full of 3 point or smaller on the floor. He says he typically finds 20-50 sheds per year, and has
been obsessed with deer hunting/ shed hunting for 12-15 years. Of course he has hunted his whole life, but the last
15 years has been to a different level. It was awesome talking with him and his hard work sure does show!
~ I was happy to hear him tell me "that I'm a half of step behind him", considering my past handful of seasons, along with
my off-season scouting. Hopefully his information and guidance helps me toward my five year goal!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

His 2007 archery season is as follows...

The first buck was a 152" (205 lbs.) he got on Monday evening during the rut.

Then his brother went in and shot a 131" buck Tuesday evening, in same parcel of woods,
butabout 2 miles apart (not shown in the picture).

Lastly,he thensat in the exact same stand his brother was in on Tues. and shot this 133" (187 lbs.) on Thursday morning.
* He hadn't had a chance to process the first one, so he got the awesome picture of them together!

Old 01-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow!! Incredible story and hunters there Ed!! I also believe that hunting suburban bucks Is a very great tactic. Problem Is, I've never been able to get access to this type of land. The woods/areas that surrounds the Twin Cities In Mn Is known for many P&Y and B&C bucks. I would give my left nut to hunt them properties.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know a lot of guys that are masters of "ninja" art of suburban hunting. Unfortunately for them part of the game also involves the occasional criminal trespass fine. Knowing the way to hunt these parcels legally would be awesome since much of the land around me is just as you described.

Those are some bruiser bucks he's gotten. Hopefully he's right and you're on your way to hanging some deer like that on the wall.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow alot of great bucks there, I hope one day i have a collection like that
Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Spike

HOLY MOLY!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I know a lot of guys that are masters of "ninja" art of suburban hunting. Unfortunately for them part of the game also involves the occasional criminal trespass fine. Knowing the way to hunt these parcels legally would be awesome since much of the land around me is just as you described.

Those are some bruiser bucks he's gotten. Hopefully he's right and you're on your way to hanging some deer like that on the wall. Me too!
I can't speak for him in regards to his hunting method in MA...
But for NH, unless the land is posted every 50 feet, signed, and dated every year, it is not considered trespassing.
Of course gaining permission is the preferred method along with respect to the land owner.
Some of the other laws include being 15' off of most roads, 300' from a building or dwelling, no median strips off highway's etc... Every state is different and NH is the "LIVE FREE OR DIE" state!

One of the hints he shared with me, is to park his vehicle in an area like a parking lot. Then he takes his mountain bike into the intended strip of land to hunt. (He has spots that he travels anywhere from 1-5 miles down the road!) To do this, he has sewn two backpacks together, that fits his bow perfectly, along with his hunting clothes. He then wears his sweatpants and a regular t-shirt while riding down the road on his bike and slides into the woods. Once in the woods he covers his bike, then sprays down with scent eliminator and pulls his hunting clothes over. If he gets a deer, he simply tags it, guts it out and pulls it close to the road. He covers the deer and then he goes back to get his truck while waiting for dark. Within seconds he is out of there, without anyone knowing.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW.............WOWthats amazing

Quick Reply: Unknown Hunter ~ lots of BIG Boyz ~ Suburban Style...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.