Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Etiquette

Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Etiquette

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/waterfowlguide.pdf

Guys, above is a link to the Tennessee 08/09 waterfowl hunting guide. This year the TWRA included a great article starting on page 13 of the guide concerning duck hunting etiquette.Ithink everyone, particularly beginner duck hunters, should read this and take it to heart.

I can't tell you how many times I have set been set up on a perfect morning to find that I had skybusters set up close to me. Few things tick me off like skybusters or idiots who call too much or too loudly.

Anyway, please take the time to read the article and remember your manners this season. You'll make it a better experience for yourself as well as your fellow hunters. Most of all, pass on the importance of etiquette and safety to anyone you take hunting this year who may either be a child or someone new to the sport.

*EDIT* I tried to insert only the article as opposed to the link, but I couldn't figure out how to post the file.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Etiquette

I believe every person who wants to get into waterfowl hunting should be required to read something *like*this and take a class. It's just flat out ridiculous how many times we've been in the same scenario as "Bob." We would have ducks working our spread, when inconsiderate bastards would skybust our ducks from over the marsh. Back at the boat ramp we would have some pretty disgusting words thrown back and forth at each other.

*edit
Old 10-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's tough hunting guys.

People don't realize what actualy goes into duck hunting. They believe you go out, set up wherever, and shoot what you see.

I guess it wouldn't be duck huntign without it.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:47 PM

I think this is one of the best things Tennessee has done, so far this year we have been messed up twice on people just either not knowing or just not caring. I would also like to see the powers that be institue a lawsuggesting a distance between boats. how much since does it make to require hunters to be 100 yards from a residence but you can pull right up on someone trying to hunt.