Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 GF's first deer :) >

GF's first deer :)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GF's first deer :)

Old 10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default GF's first deer :)

Well my girlfriend put her first ever deer on the ground friday evening with her first ever shot at a deer. A big ole doe for her first to boot.It was our 3rd day in the treestand together after an opening weekend of seeing alot of deer but not having anythign close enough for her to shoot. After moving some stands last weekendto put us in a prime spot where I have been watching does, fawns, and a few small bucks come out along the corn into an alfalfa strip regularly we climbed in the stand at about 4:45. We were in position for a complete suprise to the deer using this route. At about 6:05 I turned around to tell her that the deer would prolly start filing out once the sun went over the bluff and as I was turning I caught heads comin through the corn. I got her stood up and ready. The two does and two fawns took less than a minute to close the 80 yards to us. They stopped broadside straight infont of the tree at 15 yards to check out the field before going out into it. Once they looked the other way I told her to draw and the deer started walking, gave a soft grunt and they stopped but the big lead doe turned towards us a lil bit givinga quarter too shot at 16 yards. Sara let er fly and drilled her right tight to the shoulder with a perfect shot dispite the angle. She put the arrow exactly where it needed to be. It caught a piece of the shoulder goin in and stuck in the rib on the other side giving no exit.Boy was she pumped and so was I. The deer ran back into the corn and we found her about 100 yards away still in the corn after waiting a couple hours. I got the whole thing on video and will post it sometime most likely. Sara was extatic to say the least and called more people right awya than I can even think of haha. It was alot of fun and I was so proud of her. Now she is all pumped to go get her buck now that she has a doe down and she has the one she wants all picked out so we'll see what happens in the weeks to come...........

Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: GF's first deer :)

Wow that second pic really brings out the size of that deer...Congrats!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you guys. That is awesome. Some good memories made there. And that is a Monster Doe!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

That doe is bigger than she is!

Tell her congrats and nice fletchings
Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW what a nice deer and GREAT smile ....THATS what its ALL about !!

dd
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to her!!
Nontypical Buck

Congrats for her!!! Good job! What did that big doe weigh? Looks pretty big too me
Old 10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats to your girlfriend on her first deer with a bow! First shot at that! And like everyone else said... that doe is HUGE!

I need to move from the East Coast and to the Midwest/North.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha yeah I'm sure it is bigger than her. Not really sure of weight but dressed out I'm guessing right around 120lbs or so. WCL
Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Job well done. That really was a big ole doe.

Quick Reply: GF's first deer :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.