Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Predator Camo- which pattern to buy? >

Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

I'm looking into buying some new camo after this season, but I'm not sure on which Predator Pattern will work the best for me. I mostly hunt open hardwoods. I want to buy one that will work early season through late. I don't want to buy two different patterns.

Thanks..
Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

The only two I'd wear year round is Fall Brown and Deception, you can hunt from second season, through spring gobbler, early archery through fall. I wouldn't do that in Spring Green nor Fall Grey. IMO.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM

Rory,
I was this close to getting some Predator this year, but I held off. Like you I was wanting one suit that would work pretty much all the time.

I was going to order Brown Deception.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the input guys.
Also Rob, I completely forgot about using it spring turkey hunting as well. Thanks.

I'll do as much research as I can, and hopefully have some by spring turkey season....
Old 09-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Predator is anice pattern and if you can buy several sets you can cover the entire season. If your still not sold on the pattern, check out www.Ultimatecamo.com for a singularcolor and pattern that looks just as good inany foilage. The only constant we have in the woods is the Tree itself

Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

i REALLY love the looks of fall brown...some deception looks great, but others will agree, it almost needs hand picked or you can get some thats too "blobby" and not so open....

i got a light weight fall gray set...im sure the deer would never notice me....but its a confidence thing...i FEEL like i stick out like a sore thumb....think i only wore it once or twice..only time id feel comfortable in gray would be snowy times...just me though....im very confident to the deer that youd be about as invisible as it gets in that stuff...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mossy Oak
Old 09-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rory,

Take a look at this link; I think you'll find it very helpful: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2399285&mpage=1&key=predator%2cp ics&#2399285

If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Predator is anice pattern and if you can buy several sets you can cover the entire season. If your still not sold on the pattern, check out www.Ultimatecamo.com for a singularcolor and pattern that looks just as good inany foilage. The only constant we have in the woods is the Tree itself

Barkdoesn't change colors... so why should you?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Rory,

Take a look at this link; I think you'll find it very helpful: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2399285&mpage=1&key=predator%2cp ics&#2399285

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Greg, thanks for the link. But the fall grey looks too light-colored for late season, do you think the more light-colored
a pattern is, the less it tends to blob?
They both look great early season, but I'd love to hear about them late season as well.

Quick Reply: Predator Camo- which pattern to buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.