Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whammy

Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Whammy

Spot Hogg Whammy
http://www.watchtheoutdoors.com/showcase/hunting/spot_hogg.html

I have to post this.I have been eyeballing these rest for about a year now and never would pull the trigger and get one.Well,I had my shop order one in and he had it the next day.

To be honest,I thought it would be a pain to time but I could not have been more wrong.I actually think it is easier to setup than a standard dropaway.

This rest really isn't like the other dropaways on the market.It actually slams out of the way at the very last second and resets.No cocking,no setting,no worrying if it will raise,it just drops for the fletching and that is it.It has contact with the entire arrow up untill it drops right before the fletching gets to it.

I Made a couple marks on my arrow from where my springsteel was set and bolted the Whammy on and measured to my marks to ensure I was back in the exact locations and followed the installation instructions which after I had watched the video on Spot Hogg's websight,I didn't really need.They actually make it seem harder than it is.

I then grabbed the bow and shot through paper.Bullet hole.I backed up,bullet hole.I backed up further and still a bullet hole.I then grabbed an arrow with vanes instead of feathers and again,BULLET HOLE.

The rest was quiet on the draw and the shot,not only would I reccomend this rest for hunting,but I would reccomend this rest for spots.Atleast I would right now.After I get a chance to shoot it for a while I will know better if it might have some tendancies to change but as of now,I don't see it.

One of the best attributes to this rest is it has the old Golden Premier style micro adjustments which I LOVE.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whammy

Old 08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've eyeballed them as well however I've put the Limb Driver on my bows. I know GMMAT had one on his 82nd or Alley but I forget which. For some reason he didn't like it or had an issue with it. I'll let him elobarate if he see's this. I forget why he did away with the rest.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be interested to know what it was because I can't see any reason anyone would have problems with it.

The shop owner said there were several shooting them on the 82nd's and loved them.

It won't work on the Hoyt vectrix because of the way the cams work on that bow I believe but as of now,that is the only bow it doesn't work on that I know of.

I forgot to mention that the rope does not attach to the down cable like most fallaways,it attaches to the up cable which means,there is no pressure on the cables when at full draw,which in turn means it is not pulling against the cables messing with cam timing.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know I was impressed with them after watching the video on their sight.

I forget what it was with GMMAT.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think they are a POS, because they do not make them LH, ****ers[8D]

I really wanted one
Old 08-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

That does suck Germ,maybe if they get popular,then maybe they will make them in left hand.

I would like to see a design change.I would like to see them make it like the old platinum premier where there is a bearing on each side of the launcher arms,that would make it a little better and take some of the play out of it.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Spike

I just ordered a left handed one from bowhunters supply store I think hunters friend carrys left handed ones to but the reason I went to with bowhunters supply was because it was 71.99 rather than 84.99
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

What the, they told me no lefties.

Hold the batphone
Old 08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Spike

Who told you that?

Quick Reply: Whammy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.