Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

limbsaver bow

Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default limbsaver bow

Any thoughts on this bow. I have not shot it as of yet but it is one ugly bow. They say it is super quiet.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:43 AM

Default RE: limbsaver bow

I shot it at the ATA show, it's actually a pretty good shooting bow. Quiet? Yes, but not any more than your Hoyt's and bowtechs......It's fast, smooth on the draw, and shoots very well.

I agree, it's not the best looking bow in the world, but I don't think it's ugly either. The limb pockets they utilize work in a similar fashion to the Bowtech General, utilizing only the center of the limb to the tip, reducing shot vibration. It was pretty fun to shoot really.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Mobow, it was a pleasure to shoot. For their first bow offering I was pleasantly surprised with how well it drew and felt in my hand. The grip was a little fat and tended to tilt my wrist upward which I didn't care for. Steve Sims was at the shooting booth while I was there and admitted they had several comments about the grip and were working on revising it before the majority of bows shipped to dealers and consumers. Other than that, I really liked it. Much the the center-pivot Bowtechs the bow can be let down far enough to remove the string without the need for a press, which is a handy feature to have.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM

I will be doing a full report on them as soon as the shop I work gets them in. The owners thought so much of it to become a dealer for these bows. According to them, it does not require pressing at all. But they did say one drawback is that th elimbs do not have a great draw range. They told me a 70lb limbsaver bow will only allow you to crank it down to about 66lbs. So you should order very close to the draw weight you would like. But they do have a good range of draw weights available from what I was told. I think they said you can order in 5lb incriments.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: boldplate

Any thoughts on this bow. I have not shot it as of yet but it is one ugly bow.
The uglinessjumps out rightaway. That bow is frickin ugly!

But if it performs, I really don't care what it looks like. I didn't like the Guardian at first either, but they've really grown on me.