Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Experiences with Rage Broadheads.... >

Experiences with Rage Broadheads....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Experiences with Rage Broadheads....

Old 10-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Experiences with Rage Broadheads....

I was just wondering if anyone on here uses the Rage Expandables (2 or 3 blade) and what experiences you have had with them, good or bad. I was considering getting some. I did see a pic on a post recently of the damage they cause but I have read a few negative things also. According to their website they have fixed the big problem of some of the blades not opening on impact. I figured this was the best place to get some real opinions on them. Any suggestions on any other mechanicals would be great too. THANKS
Old 10-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Experiences with Rage Broadheads....

Nope, noone on here has any idea on what these blades will do..........

OK GMMAT....Show him the damage...
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

I used the 3 blade last year with great success. I am using the 2 blade this year and am still having great success. Look at the entrance hole on this one from Tuesday.

-john

Old 10-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

First year using them. I dont think I'll ever change. Simply put, amazing broadhead.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm not going to post the photo, again....but let's just say it is an extremely effective BH. The damage was extensive.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

GMMAT...Did you know your photo made it over to the Primos site???
Heck, you're famous!!!!! Better be careful, you'll have guys trying to follow you in the woods...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-05-2007, 02:10 PM

the only bad thing i heard about them that they are opening in flight..other than that i have heard great things about the rage..if i was going to use a mechanical it would be the rage
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm actually using the head. If mine opens in flight....I'll report back (and I'm not using rubber bands).

Methinks the opening in flight is "user error".
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Spike

I've tried the 2 bladeand had a bad experience with them this year! My shot was good, the entrance hole was just like everyone's pics, but the blades broke off, and the exit hole was the diameter of the arrow shaft. It was a lethat shot, but left no blood to trail. The deer ran approximately 80 yards and expired, but unable to track by blood.

The broadhead did its job, but i was disapointed with the blades breaking and the small exit hole. I switched to fixed blades later that day.

I do believe the blades opening prematurely on flight is caused by not having them secured in place prior to shooting or hitting a branch/twig while shooting. They can come open pretty easily while in quiver or if you get them caught on brush.

Quick Reply: Experiences with Rage Broadheads....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.