Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Home brew scent killer >

Home brew scent killer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Home brew scent killer

Old 08-13-2007, 05:09 PM

Default Home brew scent killer

Do you guys store the home made "scent killer" in dark containers or it does not matter? I mean, once the stuff is ready to be used...

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Home brew scent killer

Light breaks down the hydrogen peroxide. Since it is an important ingredient in the formula, you need to keep it in an opaque container.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:57 PM

exactly
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM

Ill be useingthe home brewand a bunch of HS scent away i have left, this season... Kind of testing and comparing this fall... Thats for the info about the container fellas...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

I know its been here last year. But how do you guys make your "home brew"?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM

Thanks guys!

Since I have not being able to find an "opaque" spray bottle, I'm planning on painting the exterior of the bottle with spray paint, we'll see how it works...by the way, I used the Baquacil method, and seems to work great!! Now, I'm also trying to use the stuff at home so my wife doesn't give grief

Snake, I used 1qt of 3% Peroxid (I used baquacil oxidizer instead of the brown bottle stuff)
1qt of ditilled water, 1/2 cup of baking soda, and 1 oz of the green shampoo scent killer...very easy and very cheap to do
Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rookie Bowhunter
Snake, I used 1qt of 3% Peroxid (I used baquacil oxidizer instead of the brown bottle stuff)
1qt of ditilled water, 1/2 cup of baking soda, and 1 oz of the green shampoo scent killer...very easy and very cheap to do
Rookie, is that the ingredient that folks were saying is available in most pool supply stores?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Typical Buck

I know you asked someone else, but I'll answer and say that I'm pretty sure that is in fact what he's talking about. However, be very careful. The recipe calls for 3% solution and the stuff from the pool supply store is 27% so you have to dilute it down to 3% using distilled water at a 9/1 ratio before you get into the normal recipe. After mine is made I store it in a 1 gallon bucket like this. It keeps the light out, has an air vent on top and has a spout at the bottom for filling your field bottles. Oh, and someone gets to drink the margaritas before you use it. The bucket is awesome.

ORIGINAL: BKE

Rookie, is that the ingredient that folks were saying is available in most pool supply stores?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 PM

That is a great bucket.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: BKE

Yeah man, that's the one, like NavyDeer said, you have to dilute it...very easy actually...I just purchase it from an internet pool supply store for under $14 for a whole gallon...well about $20 with shipping, but you can make A LOT of 3% peroxide with it!

Quick Reply: Home brew scent killer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.