Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A little arrow rest advise please (UPDATE) >

A little arrow rest advise please (UPDATE)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A little arrow rest advise please (UPDATE)

Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Bartender

Default A little arrow rest advise please (UPDATE)

8/7/07
I called the pro shop and she told me since I have twistable nocs to just rotate it to the left until clearence without the cock vain touching the rest. To close to call now so I think I willbring it in.

Need to move the rest to the left? I believe fletching just barely makes contact.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:50 PM

Default RE: A little arrow rest advise please

Well, it looks that way in the picture, but there's no level on the bow so you may have the bow canted a little....But just by eyeballing the rest with the shelf, yes, it appears to be too far to the right. Put the levels and/or lazers on it to make sure it's in centershot....
Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Bartender

My fav pro shop should be able to?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:17 PM

Absolutely.......
Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
Bartender

Thanks Mo
BTW germ has been calling me apple blossom and sunshine.
Thats why I have this afterglow, lol
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Absolutely.......
Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 PM

LOL...I can see him calling you that....I'm not so sure I would have admitted it though.....[8D]

Just tell him to keep his "spoon" bill away from your nectar.....
Old 07-31-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tony,

If you don't have access to them fancy lasers and levels Donnie's talkin' about up above, you can do a simple little thing in your own back yard to find your center shot...

Hang a weighted string from a nail on a target. Stick a round sticker on the target face so that the string splits the sticker. Use your 20-yard pin, step back 20 yards from the target andshoot at the sticker. Don't worry about where the arrow hits.

Walk straight back to 30 yards, and using the 20-yd pin,shoot an arrow at the sticker. Repeat at 35 yards and at 40 yards, using the 20-yard pin andshoot at the sticker.

If your arrows look like this pattern " / ", then move your arrow rest 1/16th inch to the right. If your arrows look like this pattern " \ ", then move your arrow rest 1/16th inch to the left.

Repeat all of the above steps starting from 20 yds, etc.

Eventually, your arrows will hit in the target in a straight up and down line like this: " | ".

But, your vertical pattern of arrows may not be hitting the string. If not, and the arrows are say six inches to the left of the weighted string, adjust your windage on your sight ring until you can nail the string at all distances.

Lock down the windage and lock down the arrow rest. Windage and center shot are now perfect.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:08 PM
Site Bouncer

Once again great advice andsimple well explained instructions on how to walk back tuneto achieve dynamic center shot, Great job Greg / Mo!

Your help here does not go unnoticed!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Bartender

Thanks Greg I will give this a try Wednesday afternoon when I awake.
Once again thanks.
ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Tony,

If you don't have access to them fancy lasers and levels Donnie's talkin' about up above, you can do a simple little thing in your own back yard to find your center shot...

Hang a weighted string from a nail on a target. Stick a round sticker on the target face so that the string splits the sticker. Use your 20-yard pin, step back 20 yards from the target andshoot at the sticker. Don't worry about where the arrow hits.

Walk straight back to 30 yards, and using the 20-yd pin,shoot an arrow at the sticker. Repeat at 35 yards and at 40 yards, using the 20-yard pin andshoot at the sticker.

If your arrows look like this pattern " / ", then move your arrow rest 1/16th inch to the right. If your arrows look like this pattern " \ ", then move your arrow rest 1/16th inch to the left.

Repeat all of the above steps starting from 20 yds, etc.

Eventually, your arrows will hit in the target in a straight up and down line like this: " | ".

But, your vertical pattern of arrows may not be hitting the string. If not, and the arrows are say six inches to the left of the weighted string, adjust your windage on your sight ring until you can nail the string at all distances.

Lock down the windage and lock down the arrow rest. Windage and center shot are now perfect.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:32 PM

Thanks for sharing that info Greg. I wish you would write a book.

Quick Reply: A little arrow rest advise please (UPDATE)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.