Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

Hunting Texas hogs

Old 01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Spike

Default Hunting Texas hogs

I understand that there is no season or bag limit for hogs in Texas. What do I as a non-resident need to hunt hogs on public lands? Also, are there any hogs in the pan handle area? I live in central New Mexico and am trying to find the closest location.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting Texas hogs

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/

Sorry I'm not of more help, but I know nothing about hunting on public lands.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not all WMAs in TX allow year round hunting. Actually very few do. A 5 day NR license costs $45. A public land permit is $48 finding hogs on public land, priceless. Sorry I had to do that. Check into US ARMY Corps of Engineers land. I can't find the link, just google it and find the different properties in TX. They usually have a contact number and may be able to point you in the right direction. You may also want to look into Oklahoma BLM lands.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: North Texan

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/

Sorry I'm not of more help, but I know nothing about hunting on public lands.
I believe any hunting on public land you have to have a hunter safety course, and that's all. One reason, I don't hunt public land, I can't ever seem to find a course close by, or when I have the time.

Now I see your post Greg.. I guess it was the 48 dollar deal. I knew it was something.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Not all WMAs in TX allow year round hunting. Actually very few do. A 5 day NR license costs $45. A public land permit is $48 finding hogs on public land, priceless. Sorry I had to do that. Check into US ARMY Corps of Engineers land. I can't find the link, just google it and find the different properties in TX. They usually have a contact number and may be able to point you in the right direction. You may also want to look into Oklahoma BLM lands.
If there are typically no hogs on public lands then can someone recommend anywhere in the panhandle area to hunt hogs?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not many counties in Texas that don't have some kinda hog population anymore I've heard! I've even seen them just outside of Odessa! There are starting to be alot of them in Yoakum county which isn't that far from you...they destroy cotton and peanut patches! I would try writing letters to County Extension Agents (sp) and they might be able to give you a direction.If hogs become a pain land owners may welcome you harvesting them...no season just nr permit and they can be hunted with spot light with permission from land owner! They are a pain in the butt and can't understand people charging to control a pest! I personally shoot any size hog even if it's not big enough to butcher they breed prolificly and will wipe out ground nesting game birds!
Old 01-21-2007, 10:21 AM

in texas every hunter born after 1973 need to have a hunters education course to hunt. now you go around the hunters education course by buying a defermant/waive at an additional cost. this allows you to hunt without taking the course for that hunting season legally. i have hunted public lands but most of them are run by national refuge parks. they have a once a year hunt. you pay 50.00 to bowhunt buck, hogs, and nelgai for about three days. there are other parks that offer six day hunts for 50.00. best bet is to call some of the parks and ask when they offer hunts. if nothing availble then follow up on the suggestions on previous posts.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:25 PM

there is a bunch of pigs around canadian tx.and there is a wma there.we hunted it two years ago,it was pretty good.bring lots of soured corn!
Old 01-29-2007, 08:43 AM

if oklahoma is not to for. we have alot of hogs. if your in the panhandle area and would like to hunt with dogs call andy at 580-678-7016. he has some good dogs and places to hunt. tell him rick sent you
Old 01-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: kurdog

if oklahoma is not to for. we have alot of hogs. if your in the panhandle area and would like to hunt with dogs call andy at 580-678-7016. he has some good dogs and places to hunt. tell him rick sent you
Thanks a lot

Quick Reply: Hunting Texas hogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.