Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Enigma camo/design - my observations >

Enigma camo/design - my observations

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma camo/design - my observations

Old 12-05-2006, 07:12 AM

Default Enigma camo/design - my observations

When I bought my ASAT several years ago I thought I it was the best; and it was at the time. After several years of HARD hunting it began to fall apart. I was ready to grab another set of ASAT but decided to give the Enigma a shot. I wasn't too eager since it wasn't available in leafy wear, but kept hearing good 'press' about it.

I bought both myself and my son Enigma outfits about 8 weeks ago. My first impression was the design. TheXLfield jacket seemed to beoverly large with the sleeves being very blousy. This proved to be an asset with an innovation in the sleeves. The large diameter of the sleeves allow you to put the jacket on easily over any layers and three velcro straps in each sleeve allow you to 'tighten' the sleeves around your arms. The straps also work to eliminate the need for an armguard with or without heavy layering. Two velco straps on each side around your waist adjusts for your waist size.

Cargo pockets on the jacket, similar to those on the pants, are great. The chest pockets were a delightful surprise. They have vertical zippers for access. At first I didn't care for them, but found them ideal for radios and rangefinders. The access to get those instruments out is much easier, yet they are secure. You just have to remember to close the zippers after use.

The pants are six pocket cargo style. Added features are zippers up to the knees that allow you to get them on even with boots. Velcro strapsaround the ankles keep them tight around your boots.

Now to the pattern. My 15 year oldson, whohas his own set of both patterns,made the best observation. He said thatthe Enigmawas much harder to see in the tree or on the ground than the ASAT. We often hunt visibly within 75 yards of each other and I have to agree with him.

Two other factors stand out. First, the fabric is VERY quiet. Second, there is NO indication of wear to date. I know it's only been 8 weeks, but I hunt 2-4 times a week and am very abusive to my clothing. Time will certainly tell, but I'm optimistic.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Enigma camo/design - my observations

Good Review Len. What would you do differently if you were designing your next set of enigma?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excellent review Len. I couldn't agree more.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

How about some pics
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Dominant Buck

I've given Chuck some ideas that I'd do differently......and I think they'll be incorporated in the future.

I also love the fabric.....and most of the design features. I chose not to have the cargo pockets installed on my pants.....and I don't have the cargo pockets on my jacket. I like them MUCH better, this way (and I've worn both).

Chuck's a great guy to work with.....and he's really listening to the guys out there now.....wearing his stuff. It's the most durablecamo I've seen.

Jeff
Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 AM

Len I couldn't agree with you more. I have 30+ trips into the woods with my Enigma suit (I've lost count)with washing my suit about every other day or so plus before the season when I would wear it into the woods and puposely wash and dry it many times in a row and my Enigma suit looks as good as it did the day I got it. No fading and no wearing of the fabric at all. Trust me I have been purposely abusing mine. We all have read of the success stories of having animals just not notice us while wearing Enigma, and to all those nay-sayers, just try it you'll see. IMHO one of the best patterns and hunting garments on the market today.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Len, it sounds like they have some pretty unique designs. May have to try them some day.

As far as the pattern, I think camo that breaks up the body outline (like enigma, predator, asat) will alwayswork the best.

As far as which is best though, who knows, we'd have to ask the game. Doesn't really matter what we see.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:31 AM

looks good but i've been "not noticed" in denim jeans and a flannel shirt....
Old 12-05-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a side note....

Grey Wolf Woolens has been using the wolf skin fabric for several years now. You can get all their clothing in Predator camo. I have a set in Predator and absolutely love it. Mine is about 3 years old and it looks like the day I recieved it.

Wolf skin is excellent stuff.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Thanks Len, it sounds like they have some pretty unique designs. May have to try them some day.

As far as the pattern, I think camo that breaks up the body outline (like enigma, predator, asat) will alwayswork the best.

As far as which is best though, who knows, we'd have to ask the game. Doesn't really matter what we see.
Bob I couldn't agree more. (By the way LEN, great review) Between the list in Bob's quote above, like bows, there are no bests in this line up. I've worn them all and they all have the same abililty. What I believe is that Chuck has developed a camo that is truly effective, I have not heard of a single "I got busted by sight" while wearing Enigma. As a camo pattern, I would think it needs more but oddly enough Chuck saw through his vision and is right, the animals are simply not seeing hunters who are wearing it.

Then step up into the fabric, I have to agree with muzzyman88, the Wolfskin is by far the best fabric I have ever worn. Couple that with a effective camo, and the fact that right now, Chuck is offering the best bang for the buck, this new Enigma is fantastic. I've been fortunate enough to hunt with guys wearing it, it's amazing what it does in the trees and how I've been invisible to the game I've been in front of. I'm hearing of guys walking up on turkeys, stalks on whitetails, lions and other African game.

It's an all season camo with a blend of colors that hide you in green, brown, skylined etc...not just a camo specific for a season causing you to have shades of the same camo pattern which is very costly especially if you want it all in Wolfskin.

Here's SBGobblers from my view to his:

Quick Reply: Enigma camo/design - my observations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.