Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA 6 Point, Monkey off my Back..lol >

PA 6 Point, Monkey off my Back..lol

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA 6 Point, Monkey off my Back..lol

Old 11-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default PA 6 Point, Monkey off my Back..lol

Well folks the biggest monkey on my back is finally gone, 4 years of ups and downs and misses, vanished this morning when I shot a nice 6 point here in the great state of Pa. My good friend Rob and I started my quest to take a buck this year yesterday the 3rd of November and had a day to remember seeing a total of 5 differant bucks and of course the humilation of me missing a nice 80 plus inch 7 point and I hate to say 20 yards on film to boot. Bad luck, buck fever, lack of concentration I dont know but of course it was caught once again on video.

But to the success story Rob and I headed out this am and climbed in our food plot stand as we call it,and it was a crisp cold 20 degrees out with high hopes of some bucks making there rounds. Wouldnt you know it we spotted a buck about 200 yards across the field walking where two small yearlings just passed, Rob gave a few grunts from one of our River Valley Deer Flutes ( since he said he was guiding me I made him work his tail off ) and the buck walked back into the timber. It was about five or so min. and I saw him cutting into the goldenrod field and heading straight for us, Rob goes to me what do you think, I responded with a let's take a look at him when he get's a little closer and when he entered the food plot at about 40 yards and then woundered to about twenty I whispered I was going to take him and I proceded to stop him at 15 yards and spined him where he stood. A follow up shot was necessary and with in seconds we were celebrating. Rob caught this whole hunt on video this morning as well.

This hole season has been a great season for me it was the first buck in 4 years that I have had the pleasure of taking. It was the first time Rob and I have ever two bagged a season, a first kill for my new Trykon, and the second buck down for ENIGMA CAMO. My son put the pressure on me when he won his first championship football game with a team high 3 sacks in a game and he told me not to choke. Hows that for pressure, 10 years old talking smack. Thanks for sharing my year in the woods. HNI has been a great place with great people to share experiences. Congrats to all who have been successful and good luck to all who are still out there. Q2

Here's a some pictures of the monkey off my back.

And of course, my guide, lodge host and camera man, Rob/PA Bowyer. This one's for Team 12..lol

Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Spike

Default RE: PA 6 Point, Monkey off my Back..lol

Nice buck looks like the corn helped put some weight on him!! All around real nice buck. Wish I have some of that luck! Congrates
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Good job!!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:23 AM

Nice buck and nice camo! Congrats.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job! That's a fine monkey to have off your back! Thanks for sharing your story!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ROB!! you didnt scream!?!?! im disappointed!!

just kidding lol....awesome story...good buck Q2! congrats! sounds like a good day in my book! and its all on film too..thats awesome. good job guys!!

......rob..since you guided him that bucks score gets added to team 36 correct???
Old 11-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Fork Horn

nicebuck, congrats, seems like bucks are dropping like flies in pa this last week or so.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Buck, Congrats!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM

Well done, nice group!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:34 PM

ncie PA buck congrats on the kill.

Quick Reply: PA 6 Point, Monkey off my Back..lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.