Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Picture of my climbing setup >

Picture of my climbing setup

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Picture of my climbing setup

Old 10-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Picture of my climbing setup

This year I started using this system exclusivly.I love it and it helps me climb quickly and safely.I climb for a living and think this is an excelent and safe way. Here's a couple pics,they may be hard to see,but you'll probably understand when you look.

and another

Old 10-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Picture of my climbing setup

definently a good way to go. alot of guys use the prussic knot system. either like that or how i do..i use the summit system with a rope wrapped around the tree with a prussic knot on it. clip my harness to the prussic knot..i slip..it all tightens and im fine...in theory..ive yet to test thankfully! but if i had a ladder or hanging stand id use something like you use
Old 10-31-2006, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Mauser the summit system is great.I wish more folks would use one of the two.I was hunting a releatives property a few back, and heard a helicopter aproaching from the distance(it was a remote area too)anyway come to find out a guy hunting the adjacent property fell out of his tree and broke his back.That hunter also sued the farmer which I think is a crock[:@].I like to let those that let me hunt know that I use this system,and take a cell phone with too.It really does add to the safety and comfort of the hunt.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

I am wanting to start to use that system. Where do you attach the rope at the top and bottom to.
Old 10-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

mbhutton,I tie off as high as I can reach above my stand,and at the base of the tree.In this picture I didn't tie off above but do have a summit rope, with prusic above my stand.I will try to video the knot that I tie and post it later.You can use many different ways to secure the main running rope.The prusic system is a great system.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looks pretty good. I have thought about using that type of system but I already own an ascender that I used to use while working on a swing stage. It works fine although if I'm not careful it can get noisy. It protected me at 25 stories up so I trust it at 25'.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I use the same system for my lock-ons....(I utilize the Summit systems). I slide the prussic up to its highest point above me......and when I'm on stand, sitting....my tether is tight.....allowing me to kind of slump over and rest...and feel secure that I'm not going to fall. It's a blessing to be able to relax.....even nod off....in a lock on with no rails......and feel secure.

Jeff
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a noose to attach it to the top of the tree then I use a taut line knot at the bottom of the tree. Don't buy the system from Summit it will cost you much more. Go to a climbing store and buy the rope. The prussic knot just needs to be a smaller diameter rope than the main run rope. I use 11mm for the main run and 9mm for the prussic with a 5 newton ton carribeaner (sp)

It is a great system. I've bought enough rope to make two of them for less than the cost of the summit system.

Tom
Old 10-31-2006, 06:37 AM
Banned

Gorilla sticks?? Yes I love the prussic knot and always use the linesmans system while wearing my Summit seatopants vest and hanging my Lone wolf sticks and stand.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry, Tom.....you've just got more time on your hands than I do.....

Jeff

Quick Reply: Picture of my climbing setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.