Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Test Results on Gerber Blood Tracking Light (Carnivore) >

Test Results on Gerber Blood Tracking Light (Carnivore)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Test Results on Gerber Blood Tracking Light (Carnivore)

Old 09-25-2006, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Test Results on Gerber Blood Tracking Light (Carnivore)

From my post last week, I shot a doe and had a somewhat difficult time picking up the blood trail and was looking for a better light. I got a coleman battery operated lantern that worked, but wanted something a little easier to pack around.
I'm a gadget guy sometimes so this past weekend while I was in BPS, I picked up one of the Gerber blood tracking lights (carvinore) that I plan to test. Tying to do a "home brew" test, I used it on some of the blood that was still on the plastic wrap from the tenderloins I took out while gutting the deer. The loins had been in the wrap and in the fridge for a couple of days and when I went into a completly dark room and looked at the "still wet" blood on the plastic I was not real impressed. The light turned the blood a more pinkish color and it did not JUMP out at me like I thought it would. Then, at 5:00 a.m. today while it was pitch black outside, Ilooked at some of the blood that is still in the back of my truck...same result. I'll try it in the field (hopefully soon) and give it another chance, but if it's no better I'll return it and get my money back.
I'll update when/if I get to test it again.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:49 PM

Default RE: Test Results on Gerber Blood Tracking Light (Carnivore)

My brother bought the Carnivore light for me as a birthday present. Tried it out on 3 tracking job last week in Michigan U.P. My findings is are right in line as NavyDeerHunter the blood does not show up any brighter or was easier to see on the ground then using the white light on the Carnivore and this was on fresh blood. Save the $40.00 and buy a Colman gas lantern.